• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. joey&boo

Happy 2nd Gotcha Day Eddy

❤️
  2. joey&boo

Pet Vac Recommendations Pls

The time has come 🤣 we have bad carpet shamies & need help. Elderly buns & carpet are not a good mix Tempted by the Vax pet one. anyone tried one? Plus I really don't want to use the vax solution stuff so I'm really interested to know of any experience using it without all the chemicals Help 🤣 🤣
  3. joey&boo

Mods

I need to learn how to post photos that aren't sideways. Can you advise me of how pls
  4. joey&boo

Vibes for Boobly Bear please

I think she needs the dentist. Dribbling, not drinking water & not eating hay. Taxi booked for in 20 mins to Harrogate (OH working away). I'm really scared She has been brave though, she has been eating lots of moistened nuggets, bit of dried forage, fresh hawthorn & cucumber & pear chunks. If I...
  5. joey&boo

Washable Bunny Pee Pads

I'm so pleased I decided to give these a go after taking inspiration from Reader of Books. There is no downside for me. My positives: * no plastic / unrecyclable paper packaging * save about £30 a month on not using litter * much easier to change their litter boxes as I just roll the pad up...
  6. joey&boo

Rabbit dentistry - burr or rasp?

For those of you that have ever had a bunny receive dentistry for spurs - does your vet burr or rasp? My vet rasps - essentially files down the teeth manually. I can't even remember the exact reason they opt for this (I shall ask next time I'm there) Just posted out of curiosity really as I...
  7. joey&boo

the 2023 RU Rabbit Directory ....aka show us your bunnies

I thought it'd be fun to have a thread where we can all introduce / reintroduce our rabbit friends in the one place. Hoping as many members as possible will play along with photos & maybe some words?? I've Boo, she is a complete bundle of fluffy white love 😍 She was a massive character when she...
  8. joey&boo

Good girl, Boobly Bear

Boo & Eddy had their vaccinations today. Boo travelled in my arms, but went back in the carrier for a wee - twice. During her review she even had a hop around the surgery floor so Ruth could see her move, which is a first. Normally she is in a burrito but not today, so she did that adorable...
  9. joey&boo

remind you of anybun?

saw this on IG & thought of Eddy straight away 🤣
  10. joey&boo

Nose bumps

talking here about bunny interactions with people, so nose to fist bumps:lol: Do all your bunnies nose bump with you as a greeting? I can't pretend to remember if all my bunnies have done this historically, but I think so. Mouseypies nose were very assertive:love: Boo stopped doing them when...
  11. joey&boo

Whose bunnies turn their apple sticks over?

Not just eddy & boo but all my rabbits since I can remember only nibble the facing up side of their apple sticks. I bend down in awe of how diligently they've stripped every teeny bit of bark, yet when I go to pick it up, the other side is invariably untouched:lol: How about your bunnies ??-...
  12. joey&boo

Agria Pet insurance

I've just been on the phone to them for 42 mins - chatting poop about bunnies:lol:. Lovely guy with v nice Scottish accent. He has an old & wobbly bun too. :love: The reason I was calling was to change card details, old one cancelled as lost purse on bus (it was handed in to bus lost property...
  13. joey&boo

Furry alarm clocks

On work days my alarm goes off at 7.30am, on non work days Eddy starts making a massive racket at 7.30am. - which is much more jarring than the alarm. Ok it wasn't the wisest decision to put a new cardboard box with only one hole under the bed right below my head:lol: Who here has a furry...
  14. joey&boo

A big birthday for my amazing Boobly Bear

She is 10 ! & its her 9th gotcha day :love: Enjoying her traditional garden salad breakfast (the recent addition of marigolds went down like a bag of poop:lol:)
  15. joey&boo

She likes it now????

As many of you will know I have a young frisky boy bun & a old blind bun (Eddy & Boo). Eddy is overly amorous / frisky with Boo, it pees her off & she grunts her annoyance. The grunting diminished when Boo got put on metacam but hasn't stopped. Last night I looked over at the buns to see Eddy...
  16. joey&boo

worried about Boo's eye

got on the floor to give Boo a love when I got home from work & one of her eyes was shut & a bit gunky. Really worried. If she had normal eyes I'd be less so. I've bathed in saline and booked her in for tomorrow at Crab Lane. Ruth is part time so we got the practice manager. I know I'm jumping...
  17. joey&boo

How do you reckon they "know" where it hurts?

Musings. When Rudey & Mouse were a couple he would diligently groom the areas of her back most affected by arthritis. Now I've another bunny couple with Eddy grooming Boo, concentrating on areas where her xrays showed her arthritis to be worst. The affected areas are very different on each...
  18. joey&boo

Hay Box Club - chop

Has anyone tried haybox chop? Obviously barn sweepings but based on price & reviews I'm thinking it might be good as I like to have a bowl of something hay like & I could use for cookies. It actually seems quite a handy product for some dental buns unable to do long strands. So to get 5k or a...
  19. joey&boo

One Year with Eddison - Happy Gotcha day

This time last year we'd have been driving back home with him:love: I wish I had some nice photos to share but they were a big fat fail:lol: First he was overshadowed by Boo (& ran off when I moved positioon) You wouldn't think he weighs more than her after work he sulked under the bed (its...
  20. joey&boo

Boobly Bear joins the honey drug club

Boo was at Crab Lane vets today, with Eddy providing emotional support. It was definitely time to look in to her weight & muscle loss (maintaining at 2.1k but had always been 2.4-2.5k), plus she sits in funny positions & hold her right paw towards her body. She had a thorough consult then left...
Back