• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Boobly Bear please

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
I think she needs the dentist. Dribbling, not drinking water & not eating hay. Taxi booked for in 20 mins to Harrogate (OH working away). I'm really scared
She has been brave though, she has been eating lots of moistened nuggets, bit of dried forage, fresh hawthorn & cucumber & pear chunks. If I can get Eddy in carrier he's coming too. Off to try that now.

Any vibes mucch appreciated

Sending loads of vibes for brave Boo. I hope that she gets on well at the vet. It's amazing that she's still been tolerating things other than hay and water. Lots of hugs for you too. You must be very concerned.

Oh, no, poor Boo. I'm sorry she's struggling to drink and eat hay. I'm so glad she's been eating lots of moistened nuggets and other things, at least. I hope Eddy wanted to come to support Boo and that it goes/went well at the vets. Sending Boo lots and lots of vibes. ❤️

Oh so sorry to read this, sending a million vibes for Boobly, and hope Eddy went along for support. Sending big hugs to you too, it's not nice having to take our furries to the vets xx

Millions of vibes for the Boo and for everything to go smoothly. Sending hugs your way to ease your fears. xxxxx

Many thanks for your kindness everybun.

I'm drunk !So cant text too well> Got lovely 4pm update that she bimbling round cage & her vet (Ruth) has visited several times & that Boo really likes her strawberries ❤️ Apparently they are settled.

I was so stressed I not sure I took on board the significant bit about her consult. She had a sore looking area behind her last back tooth. Ruth also spoke of risk of abscess owing to sore area & its relation to eye - tjough she noted no differencw between her eyes which is a good thing. Also said mouth sores common with kidney disease but would expect slower onset of problems. ASFAIK Boo doesnt have kidney issues

Eddy was a superstar. It normally takes2 of us ages to capture him . Today I had a little chat, acknowledging him being worried about Boo & to make her better we needed to journey to the vet..no doubt a complete coincidence butr he let me pick him up instantly to pop him in carrier.

Taxi driver was ace (rare in these parts). Asked a few respectful questions then left us to it. Journey itself really smooth cos a) Bob drives like a nutter & wasn't driving b) bendy / windy road shut down. Boo laid in my arms the whole journey. I noticed she wasnt leaving wet drool patches (head rested on anorak) & she hasn't drooled since. She is all dried up. Back in July she has the major drools. It took a day to secure an appt with a vet I trusted. Night before she stopped drooling & whereas I had taxi booked & was fully prepared to go my dad died :( ...& Boo had no symptoms left, so Bob & I cancelled vet & took off to support my mum instead. This time did feel more extreme though. Cos Boo is no longer drooling I think there is a risk (??) they wont put her under GA. I'd like to see her eating hay first but Ruth is worried about fraility plus GA.. we'll see.

Big respect to anyone who can make head nor tail of that

a HOUSE WITHOUT NO BUNNIES is nothing like a home :(

Ohh yes, big arguments at work who questioned how bigger managers migfht view day off to take bunny to vet. Colleague (who later got drunk with) said my supervisor said "but it's just a rabbit..can't believe her taxi to vet was £80..) Meanwhile I've a colleague who has just made supervisor who is literally off at least once a fortnight....her 17 year old daughter is phobic about being sick & "needs" her mom there as & when, also needs her present at every medical, dentist & job interview. This colleague has been off over 20 times in a year. This is my 2nd...1st was actually sick.

Sorry everybun. i just know that those wanting update will wanna know how Boo is, despite drunken ramblings. It taken me soooooo long to write this

I am so very sorry that your Dad died recently 😢 Many condolences to your Mum too.

I hope that Boo won’t require a GA and that there isn’t any active infection present. Maybe Ruth might run a blood profile to check her renal function and infection markers before deciding that she will have to risk a GA.

As for the comments about Boo being ‘just a Rabbit’. Got to pity people who are so ignorant 🙄😡

Sending lots more vibes for Boo, hope they will both be back home soon ❤️

Last edited:
I’m so sorry to hear you lost your dad 😢 I hope that everything will go well at the vets for Boo. It’s a shame not everyone appreciates how much our pets mean to us, those people are the ones who are missing out on the lovely relationship we have with our furry friends.

I am sending tons of positive vibes for you and Boo. When my bunnies were sick some people did not understand how much it impacted my own ability to function; so my need to take the day off went beyond the care of the bunnies--though that should have been enough.
It is especially frustrating when you rarely take time off work.
I hope you get some good news from the vets in the morning. It is lovely that Eddie is so supportive and the taxi driver was kind.

Glad that Boo is looking a little better, and what a good boy Eddy was! He must've known!

I tend not to talk about my pets at work because most of them aren't animal people, couple of dog owners and that's about it. I got lucky that I was due on leave anyway when Rupert needed his eye out last week but wouldn't hesitate to call in sick if needed. I'd probably feign a migraine or something tbh as I don't envisage HR being too understanding! I'm firmly of the view that if you have a pet, big or small, you are duty bound to ensure their welfare!

Sending lots of love and vibes. I hope that you get some good news about Boo this morning.

Back