• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furry alarm clocks

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
On work days my alarm goes off at 7.30am, on non work days Eddy starts making a massive racket at 7.30am. - which is much more jarring than the alarm. Ok it wasn't the wisest decision to put a new cardboard box with only one hole under the bed right below my head:lol:

Who here has a furry alarm clock, whether they want one or not? Please describe pet & method

Oh yes, I have a furry alarm cat. He can go off anytime 3.30 am onwards, demanding 1st breakfast. If I don't respond he gets louder, and closer to my ear. He has some brekkie, then has a mad run round, then back to sleep, no wonder I always look exhausted :lol: Its the light mornings that do it, roll on autumn
Eddy and his box :lol::lol:

Oh yes, I have a furry alarm cat. He can go off anytime 3.30 am onwards, demanding 1st breakfast. If I don't respond he gets louder, and closer to my ear. He has some brekkie, then has a mad run round, then back to sleep, no wonder I always look exhausted :lol: Its the light mornings that do it, roll on autumn
Eddy and his box :lol::lol:

George - that is very early for alarm clocks :lol: i love that he runs around after:love:

Yeaaaa Freddie makes a low woof sound, it's not like barking it's very low and a single sound, I hear it, it means he needs a wee, Michael and Evelyn never wake up from it, it's not very loud at all tbh it's kinda like a croak [emoji38] if I don't hear the first one after a few mins he'll do it again [emoji38] but he's very good, he'll go back to bed til 8am which is when breakfast is, earliest he ever woofs is 6am but it's normal 7 or 7.30 so not a problem really [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Yeaaaa Freddie makes a low woof sound, it's not like barking it's very low and a single sound, I hear it, it means he needs a wee, Michael and Evelyn never wake up from it, it's not very loud at all tbh it's kinda like a croak [emoji38] if I don't hear the first one after a few mins he'll do it again [emoji38] but he's very good, he'll go back to bed til 8am which is when breakfast is, earliest he ever woofs is 6am but it's normal 7 or 7.30 so not a problem really [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

that sounds nice really, good boy Freddie :love:

On work days my alarm goes off at 7.30am, on non work days Eddy starts making a massive racket at 7.30am. - which is much more jarring than the alarm. Ok it wasn't the wisest decision to put a new cardboard box with only one hole under the bed right below my head:lol:

Who here has a furry alarm clock, whether they want one or not? Please describe pet & method
It's so nice of Eddy to make sure you don't sleep for too long. :lol: But, yes, putting a cardboard box with only one hole under the bed below your head? I feel like you've got only yourself to blame there. :lol:

Casper comes into my bedroom a few times during the night and morning, but thankfully lets me sleep. :love:

It's so nice of Eddy to make sure you don't sleep for too long. :lol: But, yes, putting a cardboard box with only one hole under the bed below your head? I feel like you've got only yourself to blame there. :lol:

Casper comes into my bedroom a few times during the night and morning, but thankfully lets me sleep. :love:

aww Casper sounds like the perfect alarm clock! doesn't really wake you up & lets you sleep.

Is Casper generally more adventurous than Sophie then? Cos he likes the balcony too doesnt he

Rupert used to jump on the bed most mornings and run across our faces :lol: definitely worked at waking us up! Sadly doesn't do it any more now he's lost his eyesight but still hear the two of them pottering in and out of the bedroom and messing around under the bed from time to time.

Rupert used to jump on the bed most mornings and run across our faces :lol: definitely worked at waking us up! Sadly doesn't do it any more now he's lost his eyesight but still hear the two of them pottering in and out of the bedroom and messing around under the bed from time to time.

:lol: good boy Rupert of old :lol: Pottering is good too though, boo I hear mooch around as she has never been light on her feet

Rodney uses his ball with a bell in repeatedly if he thinks we've overslept [emoji1787]

Blossom digs out the litterbox [emoji30] and wakes you with the violent sounds of ripping newspaper....

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

aww Casper sounds like the perfect alarm clock! doesn't really wake you up & lets you sleep.

Is Casper generally more adventurous than Sophie then? Cos he likes the balcony too doesnt he
Yes, he's much better than the alarm on my phone!

That's right. Casper likes exploring the entire apartment and the balcony, but Sophie's never been beyond her room, the living room, and the kitchen. She's just not interested in seeing the other rooms or outside at all. The rooms in my apartment are kind of set up in a square around a storage room, so Casper likes go in circles from his room to the bathroom to my bedroom, the hallway, the living room, and back into his own room. He doesn't like it when I close a door somewhere. :lol:

Bertie gives it the beans at about 2:30/3:00 am every morning thumping his feet every morning. Something spooks him or he sees something we don't. It is every day.

Bertie gives it the beans at about 2:30/3:00 am every morning thumping his feet every morning. Something spooks him or he sees something we don't. It is every day.

aww bless him. Bit early though, I'm beginning to think Eddys weekend alarms aren't so bad.

Rusty (poodle style dog) migrates from the foot of the bed where he sleeps all night up to just next to the pillow and settles until I take the hint and get up. This is usually around half seven. He really is very gentle and subtle. Bless him.

Rusty (poodle style dog) migrates from the foot of the bed where he sleeps all night up to just next to the pillow and settles until I take the hint and get up. This is usually around half seven. He really is very gentle and subtle. Bless him.

omg - even politer than Freddie. Good lad Rusty

Back