• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Box Club - chop

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone tried haybox chop? Obviously barn sweepings but based on price & reviews I'm thinking it might be good as I like to have a bowl of something hay like & I could use for cookies. It actually seems quite a handy product for some dental buns unable to do long strands.

So to get 5k or a 200g trial box?

I've not bought from Haybox for some time & was going to go for soft again. Whats everyones opinions of haybox atm? Thank You

Haven't used Haybox for a long, long time, so can't comment on their quality atm.

Regarding the 'chop', I wouldn't buy it for here, because I know both my two deliberately search for long stalky pieces. If you think your bunnies would find the small pieces acceptable, it would seem to be an economical way of getting quality hay. You'd need to purchase some normal hay as well wouldn't you to avoid the delivery charge? It looks good quality and the reviews are mostly very positive.

I like the fact that the company are selling this and not letting it go to waste.

Haven't used Haybox for a long, long time, so can't comment on their quality atm.

Regarding the 'chop', I wouldn't buy it for here, because I know both my two deliberately search for long stalky pieces. If you think your bunnies would find the small pieces acceptable, it would seem to be an economical way of getting quality hay. You'd need to purchase some normal hay as well wouldn't you to avoid the delivery charge? It looks good quality and the reviews are mostly very positive.

I like the fact that the company are selling this and not letting it go to waste.

admittedly Boo and Eddy love their long strands too - Eddy bolts out of the litter tray if he finds a really good bit :lol: & writing that has made me wonder why i'm wanting to buy them soft hay (which is what the bulk of my purchase would be... & I'm going to have to have 3 boxes (3 soft or 2 soft & 1 chop) to get the free delivery...which is far too much space wise, I'll be storing it in the bedrooms again :lol:

Sorry this doesn't really answer your question but, I just got a new lot of hay, soft from Timothyhay.co.uk (I buy stalky then soft to vary things) and anyway **** knows what's in it, but the rabbits are eating more than usual and the pigs have run out, 3 days in a row! They eat less than the buns but I normally give them way too much, but they're eating it like it's veggies! [emoji38] It's madness [emoji38] 6 thumbs up from my lot.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Sorry this doesn't really answer your question but, I just got a new lot of hay, soft from Timothyhay.co.uk (I buy stalky then soft to vary things) and anyway **** knows what's in it, but the rabbits are eating more than usual and the pigs have run out, 3 days in a row! They eat less than the buns but I normally give them way too much, but they're eating it like it's veggies! [emoji38] It's madness [emoji38] 6 thumbs up from my lot.

sold ! You know how to talk the hay talk Graicee :lol:I shall report back

sold ! You know how to talk the hay talk Graicee [emoji38]I shall report back
Hahahahaha honestly I was so shocked that the pigs ate every single piece, like that's never happened, Percy loves hay but Agnes is finicky, she likes it but only eats a little bit, but she was scoffing it down! The buns never run out but it was lower than usual. I actually asked Michael if he'd forgotten to give out hay the night before! [emoji38]

I think the only decent hay out there is Timothy.Co.uk
Yea tbh I've tried them all, but always just stick with them now, I sometimes buy an additional from elsewhere to try, but it never changes where I order from every week

I agree with you both - its the only hay company I'd panic about if they stopped trading. For years mine were obsessed with their 2018 soft batch (its not what I'd have chosen). Over time they've had oat, orchard & super stalky from there. Mainly I go for regular stalky as my go to hay

I don’t think it would be sweepings tbh, it will go through a machine to chop it to a certain length I would have thought. Idk though.

Back