• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the 2023 RU Rabbit Directory ....aka show us your bunnies

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
I thought it'd be fun to have a thread where we can all introduce / reintroduce our rabbit friends in the one place. Hoping as many members as possible will play along with photos & maybe some words??

I've Boo, she is a complete bundle of fluffy white love 😍 She was a massive character when she was younger. Adopted as a friend for Joey from the RSPCA Altrincham back in 2014. She is an old lady now, has cataracts & arthritis..but she's a brave girl & spends her days munching, snuggling with her toyboy & snoozing on her cuddle beds.

Reintroducing Boobly bear, queen of flops & groomies

IMG_4090.JPG
My other bun is Eddy. Also adopted from the RSPCA Altrincham, albeit 7 years later. He is estimated to be 5 years old now. He is amazing with Boo & does all the fun stuff young buns do, like zoomies & binkies, makes full use of free roaming the house. He's a fairly reserved bun. He is considering a career in wood carving or meteorology.

Meet (again) our wonderbun, Eddy😍😍

IMG_20230616_175002_927.jpg

now i've shown you mine, you show me yours :)

Lovely pics of Boo and Eddy :love:

Both of our rabbits live outside in an 8x6 shed plus outside runs accessed via a catflap.

We have Tui, who was adopted from ARC in March 2018, when she was 3 months old. She is a Californian/NZ White cross and was part of a very large rescue of meat rabbits. Jane's Elsa and Aoife were also members of this very extended family. She is an extremely gentle rabbit and is easily spooked. She is very bright and responds to commands.

We also have Froe, who is a black and white lop. We adopted him from Tag Pet Rescue in December 2021 and at that time he was thought to be 2-3 years old. He came from a multi-animal household :( He is a very lively rabbit and possibly not very bright (sorry Froe but I can't lie). There's not a bad bone in his body though and he loves Tui to bits.

They are both excellent hay-eaters and also love forage and green veg. They get a few pellets each day. Pics are screenshots taken within the past 10 minutes on the camera which runs 24/7 in their shed. The camera also archives, so we can replay it if we are concerned about anything or just want to watch them :)

Attachments

• mpv-231202190221.jpg
    mpv-231202190221.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 8
  • mpv-231202190257.jpg
    mpv-231202190257.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 7
  • mpv-231202190451.jpg
    mpv-231202190451.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 8
  • mpv-231202191405.jpg
    mpv-231202191405.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 7
Loganberry and Moondust who are from honeybunnies rescue and are six years old.
Snowflake who was an impulse buy from a pet shop in 2012 along with his brother, Frosty (rip). They were bonded to Tessie (rip) and Daisy (rip) and lived as a quad for many years. Snowflake is 11. He is such a delight. They all are.

They live side by side in a shed with a hutch (always open) in each enclosure. I put cardboard between them initially which they have gradually gnawed away. There is still some territorial marking by the puppy panels but no referred agression between Logan and Moondust thankfully.

Attachments

• 20231019_160813.jpg
    20231019_160813.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20231019_160647.jpg
    20231019_160647.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Lovely pics of Boo and Eddy :love:

Both of our rabbits live outside in an 8x6 shed plus outside runs accessed via a catflap.

We have Tui, who was adopted from ARC in March 2018, when she was 3 months old. She is a Californian/NZ White cross and was part of a very large rescue of meat rabbits. Jane's Elsa and Aoife were also members of this very extended family. She is an extremely gentle rabbit and is easily spooked. She is very bright and responds to commands.

We also have Froe, who is a black and white lop. We adopted him from Tag Pet Rescue in December 2021 and at that time he was thought to be 2-3 years old. He came from a multi-animal household :( He is a very lively rabbit and possibly not very bright (sorry Froe but I can't lie). There's not a bad bone in his body though and he loves Tui to bits.

They are both excellent hay-eaters and also love forage and green veg. They get a few pellets each day. Pics are screenshots taken within the past 10 minutes on the camera which runs 24/7 in their shed. The camera also archives, so we can replay it if we are concerned about anything or just want to watch them :)
Aw they look like they're kissing in the 2nd photo :giggle:

Aw, what a wonderful idea for a thread! I hadn't realised Eddy was estimated to be 5; with your calling him a young bunny so often, I'd been thinking he was 1 or 2!

This is Sophie:

PXL_20230810_165200585.MP.jpg

I adopted her 12 years ago when she was about 3.5 months old. She's a very relaxed bunny these days, and loves good naps and food and cuddles with Casper. She sleeps most of the day, but she'll move to play with her food toys. She's not very adventurous and is content staying in her room almost all of the time, but some evenings she and Casper will do some cuddling in the living room. She's very sweet and funny, and is not a big fan of being touched by human hands, though she very occasionally enjoys some pets.

Then we have her friend, Casper:

PXL_20230921_064209376.MP.jpg

I adopted him about 8 years ago and he's 12 now like Sophie. He's an anxious little guy, but when he feels safe he does the best, cutest flops. Sophie is his rock and with her relaxed attitude she's a big help in making him feel secure. He loves to explore and enjoys being out on the balcony when the weather's nice. He does not like rain. He is an expert at begging for food and will jump on my lap and be all cute and make it impossible for me to say 'no'. These days, he's as clever at figuring out food puzzles as Sophie is.

Aw, Casper and Sophie :love: still can't believe Casper is 12, he looks so young ! You give them a wonderful life Reader x

Aw lovely to see Bing and Bella, I remember you getting Bing. Beautiful bunnies :giggle:
Thanks. I can now upload photos on here. Bing is 4 now, got him at 3 months with his broken leg and it was amputated on the Monday. Bing adapted really well but he does have problems with getting poo build up in his fur and he won't let me groom down below. Other than that he is the most chilled out loving bunny. He will let anyone pat him.

Pets mum - dunno why you were quoted. Couldnt get rid so came out of the thread to try again & it had posted 🤣

Reader - I know! 5. How did he get to be 5. He's still a young bun though (though he doesn't destroy carpet & stuff anymore - he might be in the middle aged settled period). He was rescued Nov 20 & guesstimated (I think, maybe previous owners said) to be 2 at the time. I keep telling him to be gentle when he is dancing over Boo & tell him one day the tables may be turned (old many Eddy with a young bun)

Thanks everybun thats contributed to the directory with lovely stories & photos of your beautiful bunnies. Super excited to see cutie Bing & Bella - its been like forever

Scrappy - I forgotten what scipio looks like (hint hint), but I do recall Fudgies beauty

Last edited:
Reader - I know! 5. How did he get to be 5. He's still a young bun though (though he doesn't destroy carpet & stuff anymore - he might be in the middle aged settled period). He was recued Nov 20 & guesstimated (I think, maybe previous owners said) to be 2 at the time. I can telling him to be gentle when he is dancing over Boo & tell him one day the tables may be turned (old many Eddy with a young bun)
You know, for some reason I keep thinking Eddy's not been with you for that long, but I noticed that you made your Eddy & Boo thread in May 2022 so I'm clearly wrong. :oops: That's lovely that he's still so young and active, though, even though he might be moving into the middle aged period. Young bunnies are so much fun (not that older ones aren't). 🥰

Lovely photos and stories everyone 🥰

We have Jake who is 9 now, adopted from pets at home in 2014 after my partner saw him and the staff were saying he was aggressive and must be housed alone as he'd attacked another rabbit so was returned (2 unneutered males ..) From day one he was lovely, confident, social and loves human attention. He's always been a house rabbit and likes spending time on the sofa and following humans around. He loves Fern.

IMG_20231205_190030945.jpg
Fern was originally adopted from BARC by Zoobec who very kindly thought she'd then like to meet Jake and live with us after she'd lost her partner and Jake had recently lost his. I think she is 5 now although I'll have to check! Fern is more interested in Jake's company than ours, but she's very curious and first to the food, she's not afraid to let us know when she doesn't like something! They get on very well
IMG_20231205_190046346.jpgIMG_20231205_184433291_HDR.jpgIMG_20231205_184154864_HDR.jpg

First up we have our gorgeous, cheeky boy Phillip. He's 6 years old and was rescued from awful conditions when he was a very young rabbit. He's since been diagnosed with a myriad of health conditions; arthritis, an enlarged heart and ingrown teeth roots, but most days you'd never know. He has the best personality and is always getting up to mischief. Phillip can be found by the fridge each morning, waiting for someone to feed him a grape :ROFLMAO:

Then we have Britney and Whitney, they're around 5 and a half now! They were both rescued from a petting zoo and were so terrified of humans when we got them. It took a long time to gain their trust, and whilst still the most timid rabbits we've had, they've come such a long way. Begging for treats, climbing onto our laps for food, waiting at their door for breakfast each morning, exploring different rooms...sometimes if we're lucky we even get to stroke them :love:

Attachments

• 45ff949a-5672-42df-8f80-f739818d4283.JPG
    45ff949a-5672-42df-8f80-f739818d4283.JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2842.JPG
    IMG_2842.JPG
    397.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8061.jpg
    IMG_8061.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 1
Back