• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Good girl, Boobly Bear

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Boo & Eddy had their vaccinations today. Boo travelled in my arms, but went back in the carrier for a wee - twice. During her review she even had a hop around the surgery floor so Ruth could see her move, which is a first. Normally she is in a burrito but not today, so she did that adorable thing of trying to crawl up my body. Her weight is exactly the same as at last review - she still needs to gain ideally. Got lots of honey drugs to see us through the next few months.

Eddy passed his health check with almost flying colours. like Boo his weight is the same as at last visit (I feared he'd gained more) though "he wouldn't want to get any bigger". He got burritoed so I've yet to experience him crawling up my body or leaping in to my arms from the consult table. He is really perceptive though, he got wind of we're off to the vet vibes before the carrier was brought out...so even more of a challenge to catch than usual

Oh well done Boo. It's reassuring when an elderly bun at least remains stable with their weight. Has she mellowed enough now not to need a burrito?

Glad to hear Eddy didn't get fat shamed! Does he behave himself at the vet?

Oh well done Boo. It's reassuring when an elderly bun at least remains stable with their weight. Has she mellowed enough now not to need a burrito?

Glad to hear Eddy didn't get fat shamed! Does he behave himself at the vet?
thanks Scraps. Not sure she ever needed a burrito but Ruth is as burrito happy as Frances was. You don't even notice it happening. Eddys face was a picture 🤣

Good work Boo and Eddy! It is good Boo did not lose weight and Eddy did not gain weight. Glad you got lots of honey drugs for Boo. She sounds lovely crawling up your leg.

thanks petsmum, omi and bunny momma.

I forgot to mention Eddy got complimented on his beautiful coat😍
I don't know - you go and on about some burrito or other - but fail to tell us that! Poor Eddy, compliment went unreported. Shame on you! Don't worry Eddy, we'll make her pay a forfeit later!:love:🤣

Aww, good job, Boo and Eddy. 🥰 I'm glad Boo hasn't lost weight, at least, even though she still needs to gain some. Must be nice to have a hop around and to not have to be burritoed! That's good that Eddy hasn't gained any weight, too. If only Eddy could give some of his weight to Boo :unsure: Clever boy, too, already knowing he was going to go to the vets and making sure you couldn't catch him too easily. And he even got a compliment on his pretty coat. 🥰 Sounds like a positive appointment all around!

Aww, good job, Boo and Eddy. 🥰 I'm glad Boo hasn't lost weight, at least, even though she still needs to gain some. Must be nice to have a hop around and to not have to be burritoed! That's good that Eddy hasn't gained any weight, too. If only Eddy could give some of his weight to Boo :unsure: Clever boy, too, already knowing he was going to go to the vets and making sure you couldn't catch him too easily. And he even got a compliment on his pretty coat. 🥰 Sounds like a positive appointment all around!
thank you. It was pleasantly straightforward. Yeah if Eddy would donate 200g to Boo that would be amazing

Your two sound like my two!! Odin is like Boo, Freja is very much like Eddy - the thought crossed my mind that I could take her to laser with me this week so I could use their scales to weigh her and she could have a nosy round while Odin was being treated. She's been lying with him every day for weeks, seeking strokes and cuddles, very forward, but Monday I went up and vooom, she was gone, into the burrow and she was NOT coming out!! How do they know?!!
I could also do with Freja sharing some of her weight with Odin, she's not fat but I don't want her any bigger, and he could do with just a little more.
I have to ask - what are honey drugs??

Your two sound like my two!! Odin is like Boo, Freja is very much like Eddy - the thought crossed my mind that I could take her to laser with me this week so I could use their scales to weigh her and she could have a nosy round while Odin was being treated. She's been lying with him every day for weeks, seeking strokes and cuddles, very forward, but Monday I went up and vooom, she was gone, into the burrow and she was NOT coming out!! How do they know?!!
I could also do with Freja sharing some of her weight with Odin, she's not fat but I don't want her any bigger, and he could do with just a little more.
I have to ask - what are honey drugs??
gosh they do sound like they've similar issues / quirks. Yeah its madness, Eddy can smell that I intend to take him the vets ...but can he get it in to his head that Boo doesn't administer the food & never has - no he can't 🤣 . dim but intuitive me thinks. Ahh, honey drugs is what we call metacam (cos it smells like honey)

Back