• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nose bumps

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
talking here about bunny interactions with people, so nose to fist bumps:lol:

Do all your bunnies nose bump with you as a greeting? I can't pretend to remember if all my bunnies have done this historically, but I think so. Mouseypies nose were very assertive:love: Boo stopped doing them when her eyesight went which makes sense I guess. Eddy though, he never does them & I wonder why. He does rush over to say hello (if he is in the mood) but normally just flattens himself ready for groomies.Just now I offered him my hand to bump and he chinned me (several times) instead :lol: :love:

Aw what a lovely thread J & B :) Treacle was a definite nose bumper, you certainly knew you'd been bumped, like lovely Mousie :love:

Aw what a lovely thread J & B :) Treacle was a definite nose bumper, you certainly knew you'd been bumped, like lovely Mousie :love:

:lol::love:

awww Treacly. Its nice to hear she gave a solid nose bump like my Mousey:lol: I remember daphnephoebe saying one of her buns was the same. Now if that bun was Phoebe we have a B&W theme going...so far

Casper and Sophie nose bump my ankles a lot. But I'm never sure if it's a hello or a "get out of my way" or a "give me food"... :lol: They've never given me a nose-to-fist bump that I remember... They see my hands as food dispensers only; beyond that they're not interested. ;)

I like that Eddy chinned you instead. It's a rather possessive hello. :lol:

Casper and Sophie nose bump my ankles a lot. But I'm never sure if it's a hello or a "get out of my way" or a "give me food"... :lol: They've never given me a nose-to-fist bump that I remember... They see my hands as food dispensers only; beyond that they're not interested. ;)

I like that Eddy chinned you instead. It's a rather possessive hello. :lol:

:lol: bunnies do "cupboard love" so well. I like that Eddy chinned me too, I'm happy to be claimed.

Tui and Froe don't do nose bumps :lol: I'm not offended as they also don't do it to each other. I don't remember what the Rexes did.

I love a rabbit nose bump :love:

Phillip is a serious nose bumper, it's a regular occurrence from him. The girls not so much, but occasionally I'll be opening the curtains in their room or something and I'll get a boisterous nose bump to the ankle from Whitney :love:

I love a rabbit nose bump :love:

Phillip is a serious nose bumper, it's a regular occurrence from him. The girls not so much, but occasionally I'll be opening the curtains in their room or something and I'll get a boisterous nose bump to the ankle from Whitney :love:

Aw that's lovely, bunny nose bumps are precious :love:

I don't know honestly Cookie doesn't do this, whenever he sees my nose he starts licking it :D

I don't know honestly Cookie doesn't do this, whenever he sees my nose he starts licking it :D

LambChop used to do that and he'd roll over on his back like a puppy but his licks then turned into nasty bites. If I put my face near LambChop now he'd bite my face off.

LambChop used to do that and he'd roll over on his back like a puppy but his licks then turned into nasty bites. If I put my face near LambChop now he'd bite my face off.

Omg haha terrible I hope cookie don't do this, I don't want to experience bite phobia/anxiety while he licks my face :lol:

nap91;7347912[B said:
]I love a rabbit nose bump :love:[/B]

so do I. Aww Phillip, taking his nose bump duties v seriously

with this thread I was on about when a bunny bops your fist with his / her nose. I think Boo would do the same if I presented my face - give it a good clean :lol:

with this thread I was on about when a bunny bops your fist with his / her nose. I think Boo would do the same if I presented my face - give it a good clean :lol:

Ohh sorry I got it wrong. I think Cookie would probably smell it excitedly, hoping for a treat. And then he would go, I never get a lick for this, I don't deserve it hahaha :lol:

Fudgie doesn't really do nose to fist bumps, although she does sometimes chin my hand when I offer it. She does nose bump my ankles a lot. She'll sometimes make a point of coming over to do it when she enters a room I'm in, which is quite nice. I like to think it's her way of saying hello.

Scipio definitely doesn't do nose to fist bumps. I offer my fist to him and say "Fist bump, Scips?" and he'll just stare at me as if to say "What are you doing? I don't want that, there's no food on it!" His way of greeting me is to charge at me like a Pamploma bull!

Back