• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Clementine isn't eating :(

We are sending lots of love and vibes from our warren. I know it's only a little output but good that things are moving? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

We are sending lots of love and vibes from our warren. I know it's only a little output but good that things are moving? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Thanks everyone I really appreciate the support x

Yes I'm glad there's some it's just she does a few then there's nada for hours and hours and she stops eating [emoji51] it's really up and down, I'm hoping she just slowly improves, but it's slow atm xx

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I hope that there has been some more output overnight. I know I have eluded to it before and I really am not meaning to add to your stress, but I'd ask the Vet if there is any chance that her heart may be a problem-ie enlarged ? I have seen the exact same presentation in three of my previous Rexes who all went on do be diagnosed with a Heart condition. Rex Rabbits are predisposed to Heart Disease (ie congenital in origin)

http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00dis/Miscellaneous/CardiomyopathyRabbit.htm

Just seen this, sending lots of vibes to clementine and you and your boyfriend. It’s so hard when this happens xxxxx

Thanks everyone for the support :) x

She's still the same really, although I got sick of pulling my own carrots up, and bought loads of the carrots with tops in Sainsburys, and she's loving that, so it's a positive :) I just wish she'd start eating more and pooping more. She's been more active today too which I think is good.

Sounds positive. Lots of vibes for your beautiful girl. xx
Thank you :) x

So this morning I was happier, there was more poop and they were bigger! However none since apparently :( so none since 8am.. She has been accepting treats though, and generally eating a little more. So I'm hoping it'll just slowly get back to normal. Got an appointment tomorrow to see how she's doing too, which I'm taking her too, so hopefully the xray will look better and blood glucose dropped more. I'm hoping anyway! She's still really sleepy most of the time, she seemed a bit perkier yesterday but today napping lots, but stretched out so not too uncomfortable I hope.

Went down hill today :( no poops and looked really bad, wasn't good, saw the vet she's on Cisapride and Emeprid now, but her blood glucose has gone down to 10.5 so idek anymore :(

I'm sorry to read this - and we are sending more vibes for Clemenine from everyone here - me, Lillian and Henry - Henry sends nose bumps for Clementine. xx

Sending loads of vibes for Clementine and also lots of hugs for you. I hope she improves soon.

Back