• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Clementine isn't eating :(

Oh Clemmy I hope your skin will feel better with a bib. I'm sure you will look dazzling. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Okay so my boyfriend got her a xs/s dog bandana from pets at home, put it on her not tight obviously and it worked perfectly! I realised how much of the Emeprid she spits out, only that one, the other two she doesn't mind, but yea bandana got it all and she didn't obsessively groom afterwards and was no more upset than usual [emoji38] so Idk if it'll solve it by any means.. But she stayed completely dry under her chin, which has to be better for the skin. Still want to see the vet and going to keep a close eye on it, but I'm hoping it was Emeprid dribble over a long time [emoji849][emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Okay so my boyfriend got her a xs/s dog bandana from pets at home, put it on her not tight obviously and it worked perfectly! I realised how much of the Emeprid she spits out, only that one, the other two she doesn't mind, but yea bandana got it all and she didn't obsessively groom afterwards and was no more upset than usual [emoji38] so Idk if it'll solve it by any means.. But she stayed completely dry under her chin, which has to be better for the skin. Still want to see the vet and going to keep a close eye on it, but I'm hoping it was Emeprid dribble over a long time [emoji849][emoji38]

I really hope that you have found the cause and a solution !! One for me to store away as I had not considered that dribbling medicine could cause such a severe reaction. Not sure I could get any of my 6 to co-operate with wearing a bib though :lol:

I really hope that you have found the cause and a solution !! One for me to store away as I had not considered that dribbling medicine could cause such a severe reaction. Not sure I could get any of my 6 to co-operate with wearing a bib though :lol:

If you do, have your camera to hand, I want photos! :D

Hoping Clementine's new chin mattress cover is doing the trick for her, bless her. Feel better vibes on the way with all due speed! xxxx

I really hope that you have found the cause and a solution !! One for me to store away as I had not considered that dribbling medicine could cause such a severe reaction. Not sure I could get any of my 6 to co-operate with wearing a bib though [emoji38]

Thanks everyone :)

I think it was the obsessive grooming of the area because she'd got it damp personally, last night I watched her for half a hour after and she didn't bother grooming once, whereas before she'd hop off and then groom for ages.

You know I thought it wouldn't go well, but she just sat there [emoji38] didn't seem bothered at all, was only on her for a few minutes though, took her treat afterwards still wearing it, then I was sure the dribbling was done and removed it, definitely don't think a lot of buns would tolerate that though, not that she's particularly easy.. She's a weird one, she's not a hands on bun but after everything that happened with her knees she just seems to accept it most of the time and knows she'll get a treat after [emoji38] just like I don't think she's a licky bun really but we are closer because of all the care she's had I think... Idk, if none of it had happened I think she'd be a stand off ish leave me alone type bun, but she's had to tolerate me [emoji51]

Thanks everyone :)

I think it was the obsessive grooming of the area because she'd got it damp personally, last night I watched her for half a hour after and she didn't bother grooming once, whereas before she'd hop off and then groom for ages.

You know I thought it wouldn't go well, but she just sat there [emoji38] didn't seem bothered at all, was only on her for a few minutes though, took her treat afterwards still wearing it, then I was sure the dribbling was done and removed it, definitely don't think a lot of buns would tolerate that though, not that she's particularly easy.. She's a weird one, she's not a hands on bun but after everything that happened with her knees she just seems to accept it most of the time and knows she'll get a treat after [emoji38] just like I don't think she's a licky bun really but we are closer because of all the care she's had I think... Idk, if none of it had happened I think she'd be a stand off ish leave me alone type bun, but she's had to tolerate me [emoji51]

Soon she will be insisting on designer bandanas, not just any old one from a Pet Shop :lol:

Soon she will be insisting on designer bandanas, not just any old one from a Pet Shop [emoji38]
You know, wouldn't even be suprised tbh [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

It's humiliating, I'll get a picture later, it says its my birthday on it [emoji38] it's not even her birthday poor thing

Last edited:
You know, wouldn't even be suprised tbh [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

It's humiliating, I'll get a picture later, it says its my birthday on it [emoji38] it's not even her birthday poor thing

Ah, but now she is having to wear a bandana claiming that it is she will be expecting Birthday Treats !! You know how Rexes lives are ruled by food :lol:

Ah, but now she is having to wear a bandana claiming that it is she will be expecting Birthday Treats !! You know how Rexes lives are ruled by food [emoji38]

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Don't put more ideas in her head! [emoji38]

Poor thing [emoji38]

It is working to keep it off her though and the obsessive grooming seems to have stopped.. And I looked at the skin and it looks less angry so I'm hoping it's helping.. We'll see I guess [emoji38]
0871cf073c71a7f564fe59ea536e94f1.jpg

Poor thing [emoji38]

It is working to keep it off her though and the obsessive grooming seems to have stopped.. And I looked at the skin and it looks less angry so I'm hoping it's helping.. We'll see I guess [emoji38]
0871cf073c71a7f564fe59ea536e94f1.jpg

:love: aaaawwww

pleased to hear her skin isn't so angry which might be more than you can say for Clem when she realises you've shared this photo online :lol:

:love: aaaawwww

pleased to hear her skin isn't so angry which might be more than you can say for Clem when she realises you've shared this photo online [emoji38]
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Yea that's probably very accurate [emoji38]

Awww...I think she looks quite dashing in that kerchief. :love:

Glad to hear it's doing the job. Isn't it funny how something so simple can be such a lifesaver? :)

Not the best picture, but believe it or not this looks a lot better than before, can't actually wait for my vet to be back so she can look at it etc.
896263be5f866f0e0a73397bb27256e9.jpg

Not the best picture, but believe it or not this looks a lot better than before, can't actually wait for my vet to be back so she can look at it etc.
896263be5f866f0e0a73397bb27256e9.jpg

dear graciee,-is clementine licking her dewlap/raw,or what-this breaks my heart,curious what the exotic dvm thinks..-sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

Back