• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Clementine isn't eating :(

Was 10 mins away from the vet, and they cancelled our appointment :( home now, going back later, really not great :/

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Oh FFS :evil: :cry: Just the additional stress you dont need. Is Clementine still drinking well (water Clem' not neat Vodka.............) ??

If it does turn out to be bladder issues again maybe you could mention the use of a drug called 'Cerenia'. It is used to treat Feline Interstitial Cystitis and can be used 'off licence for Rabbits and Guinea Pigs.

http://lacostavet.com/clients/14135/documents/FLUTD.pdf

Oh FFS :evil: :cry: Just the additional stress you dont need. Is Clementine still drinking well (water Clem' not neat Vodka.............) ??

If it does turn out to be bladder issues again maybe you could mention the use of a drug called 'Cerenia'. It is used to treat Feline Interstitial Cystitis and can be used 'off licence for Rabbits and Guinea Pigs.

http://lacostavet.com/clients/14135/documents/FLUTD.pdf

I know :(

Yea she's still drinking, seen her drinking more actually.

Just gunna list what happened so I don't forget too [emoji38]

Had injection of Emeprid, loxicom and fluids.
Blood glucose 13.9
Xray showed stomach slightly dilated.
Gas en route /in the cecum
Bladder is visible again, has a normal amount of sedament in the base of it. Xray in next 2-3 weeks if she recovers from this to make sure its the same and not continually filling up.

Have Emeprid, loxicom, tramadol, and fluids for home. Fluids is every 4 hours, next meds all this evening at midnight.

I think that's everything [emoji38]

Thanks for the suggestion and link, if it turns out to be that I'll show my vet, atm we are thinking it's just the fur.

Oh and they can't get a catheter in her ear at all, too much scar tissue :( so I better get good at SQ fluids I think [emoji51]

Last edited:
I know :(

Yea she's still drinking, seen her drinking more actually.

Just gunna list what happened so I don't forget too [emoji38]

Had injection of Emeprid, loxicom and fluids.
Blood glucose 13.9
Xray showed stomach slightly dilated.
Gas en route /in the cecum
Bladder is visible again, has a normal amount of sedament in the base of it. Xray in next 2-3 weeks if she recovers from this to make sure its the same and not continually filling up.

Have Emeprid, loxicom, tramadol, and fluids for home. Fluids is every 4 hours, next meds all this evening at midnight.

I think that's everything [emoji38]

Thanks for the suggestion and link, if it turns out to be that I'll show my vet, atm we are thinking it's just the fur.

Oh and they can't get a catheter in her ear at all, too much scar tissue :( so I better get good at SQ fluids I think [emoji51]

Did the Vet take a full body Xray, one that'd include her chest cavity ? If so ask if there is any sign that her heart may be enlarged. It must be beyond stressful to have a poorly Bunny and not know for certain what is wrong :cry: Sending her lots more vibes x

Did the Vet take a full body Xray, one that'd include her chest cavity ? If so ask if there is any sign that her heart may be enlarged. It must be beyond stressful to have a poorly Bunny and not know for certain what is wrong :cry: Sending her lots more vibes x

Yea was full body, I can ask, thanks :)

She's been nibbling hay, she's eating some bits of veg.. But she's being super weird.. Idk how to explain it, but she's spaced, she takes food off me then just sets it down and she keeps standing up and looking up.. But blankly.. And staring at the wall... It's hard to explain but she's not being her.. No poop still :(

Sending lots more vibes for Clementine and hugs for you gracie :( xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Yea was full body, I can ask, thanks :)

She's been nibbling hay, she's eating some bits of veg.. But she's being super weird.. Idk how to explain it, but she's spaced, she takes food off me then just sets it down and she keeps standing up and looking up.. But blankly.. And staring at the wall... It's hard to explain but she's not being her.. No poop still :(

The Tramadol may be spacing her out. It sends me totally loopy xx

The Tramadol may be spacing her out. It sends me totally loopy xx
She's not even had that yet :( it's for tonight, she's just had loxicom and Emeprid and fluids so far [emoji51][emoji51] x

She has pooped finally. Not as small as they was, which is positive and she's nibbling hay.. But she's off, like something isn't quite right, she's just not her :(

Her ears are chilly and she shivvers when I touch her :'(

Also, seen her pee, was drips :'(
e930abfd9fcf3360b18aebd1c81621b6.jpg

Bless her. The poo is obviously a huge positive - well done Clem. Her behaviour does sound strange. Binkying last night & spaced today. Lots of get well vibes xx

Just did SQ fluids with no drama, so that's a plus [emoji38] Idk whether to take her back tonight before they close for another blood glucose test... On the one hand it'll probably stress her out.. On the other I feel sick, because Fleurs was like 14, then the next morning in the 20s, then she died, I don't want the same thing to happen :(

Sending more vibes for Clementine. All I can add is that you must go with what your heart tells you Graciee - if that means go back to the vets then that needs to be the call.
Hugs to you and hope to read a positive update. xx

She has pooped finally. Not as small as they was, which is positive and she's nibbling hay.. But she's off, like something isn't quite right, she's just not her :(

Her ears are chilly and she shivvers when I touch her :'(

Also, seen her pee, was drips :'(
e930abfd9fcf3360b18aebd1c81621b6.jpg

dear graciee,-from what I can see-p#35-today-poops are good size[compare p#14/p#35]-be concerned about pain meds [1/2 life-]-and not only what rx but over dosing[emeprid,loxicam,tramadol]--if possible use timothy,or,orchard grasses for poop box..--have you tried infant simethicone[gas]-and-stethoscope,tummy rubs.??-excellent job mum,--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

Back