• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Clementine isn't eating :(

Not the best picture, but believe it or not this looks a lot better than before, can't actually wait for my vet to be back so she can look at it etc.
Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

It is looking slightly better isn't it. Has she stopped the licking altogether now ? Just keep a look out for any sign of the area going a bluish/green colour and/ or it becomes rather smelly as the location of the sore area is a hot spot for Pseudomonas infections

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Skin_diseases/Bacterial/Moist/Moist.htm

It is looking slightly better isn't it. Has she stopped the licking altogether now ? Just keep a look out for any sign of the area going a bluish/green colour and/ or it becomes rather smelly as the location of the sore area is a hot spot for Pseudomonas infections

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Skin_diseases/Bacterial/Moist/Moist.htm

Yea a lot more just pink bald skin as opposed to crustiness and like blood red on it.

Yep no licking of that area in the same obsessive way - there's the odd normal groom but not sure I can stop that, and she moves on to other areas quickly, when we do grooming/stroking sessions and she gets licky I put my hand there so if she's about to lick that area a lot she gets me instead, which has been working well too [emoji38]

I'll keep an eye out for that and smell it twice daily, thank you :D

Hopefully now she is not licking at the area much and the Emeprid cant dribble on to it the area will soon heal up.

I am still trying to imagine getting any of my 6 to accept wearing a bib. Especially Roisin :shock: :lol:

Hopefully now she is not licking at the area much and the Emeprid cant dribble on to it the area will soon heal up.

I am still trying to imagine getting any of my 6 to accept wearing a bib. Especially Roisin :shock: [emoji38]

Yea that's what I'm hoping will happen, we'll see though.

You know I thought the same, she's not been bothered once [emoji38] never nibbled it (used to nibble towels if you put her in a bunny burrito - do that at your own risk [emoji38]) so it's weirdly been working well [emoji38] she's okay as long as I'm holding her front paws and she's resting on me, she just takes her meds, then I wipe her mouth with the bandana after, take it off and we're all good! [emoji38] Then I just hand wash it and it dries in a few hours because it's really thin :)

So vet saw her last night, said she was happy with the skin, said it looked fine, just need to keep an eye to make sure it keeps getting better etc, we've stopped the Emeprid, so just on the Zantac and Cisapride now.

I did mention it to the vet but she didn't know why.. But yesterday and today she's been leaving loads of cecotropes in her litter tray, like 6.. Or so.. Perfectly formed... Nothing in her diet has changed.. It's weird.. Idk how many cecotropes per day buns produce because I never see them for any of my buns ever.. So I don't know if that's a normal amount but she's now just deciding not to eat them...? Or if that's excessive.. Her poop smells bad too and is kinda softer, like a formed pellet but very wet and squishable (sorry[emoji38]) Idk if anyone has any ideas on what could cause this? Maybe it's just being on so much medication for like a month?! Idk.

Forgot to update, did a little dance this morning with Clementine she wasn't impressed.. But we have fur regrowth on her bald patch :D!

Lovely news, well done Clementine, that deserves a dance [emoji38]
Tell her that! She was very unimpressed and just nudged me for strokes.. It's like she doesn't understand? [emoji849][emoji38]

So I am insanely late to this thread.
But I wanted to let you know that when my bunnies were having tummy issues my vet told me to give them Pumpkin Purée (our stores carry in the pie making section) not the pie mix purée just the strictly Pumpkin Purée. It has helped keep them off the other meds like Zantac.
I give them some every week. It also helps my maincoon cat cut down on hair balls. He demands pumpkin daily. lol .

Forgot to update, did a little dance this morning with Clementine she wasn't impressed.. But we have fur regrowth on her bald patch :D!

dear graciee,--this is great news[clementine-new fur growth],-at the worst I thought of a abcess[because of skin color-red/pink]--and now I,ma thinking oddly enough an allergy.--I,m very glad-so I too shall do a dance,--I love it when a plan comes together--sincerely james waller-from across the greatpond-usa

Back