• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Could Sophie get some vibes? Another dental

Raven used to bite the stalky hay in little pieces, though little got eaten. I got him the soft timothy and he ate a little. Before that I got botanical hay which was a mix of softer timothy and herbs, though not sure what part he was eating.
I think stalky hay has more seedheads which is Heidi's favorite part. We pick all the seedheads out of Amber and Zorro's hay and give them to Heidi! They get some pellets for sharing!
Sending vibes that Sophie continues to enjoy some hay.

Raven used to bite the stalky hay in little pieces, though little got eaten. I got him the soft timothy and he ate a little. Before that I got botanical hay which was a mix of softer timothy and herbs, though not sure what part he was eating.
I think stalky hay has more seedheads which is Heidi's favorite part. We pick all the seedheads out of Amber and Zorro's hay and give them to Heidi! They get some pellets for sharing!
Sending vibes that Sophie continues to enjoy some hay.
Aw, yes, that's what Sophie did when her mouth was hurting, too, just biting it into little pieces, but not really eating it. I mix herbs through their hay, too, so I know what you mean by not being sure what part Raven was eating.
It's so sweet that Heidi gets all the seedheads in the house because she loves them so much. Sophie and Casper don't care for seedheads, so I'm sure they'd be happy to give theirs to Heidi, too!
Thank you for the vibes. She's still only eating a little bit of hay, some days more than others. At her last check up, the vet said she couldn't see a wound in her mouth, so it must've healed by now, so I'm not sure why she's still not really wanting hay.

This morning I sent the vets a message to ask if a vet can take a look at Sophie when she's there on Friday for her laser therapy because she's still barely eating hay, and I think Sophie found out, because she's been having her best hay eating day in weeks. 🤣 She's even eating her stalky hay. 😍

This morning I sent the vets a message to ask if a vet can take a look at Sophie when she's there on Friday for her laser therapy because she's still barely eating hay, and I think Sophie found out, because she's been having her best hay eating day in weeks. 🤣 She's even eating her stalky hay. 😍
Ahh isn't it always like this? 😂😂
But I'm so glad Sophie is eating hay, I keep sending vibes for Sophie 🩷🩷🩷

Back