• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Clementine isn't eating

Glad to hear that she’s started to nibble some food. Am I right in thinking she has some arthritis as a result of the orthopaedic surgery she had a few years ago ? If so it might be this is giving her more discomfort now, or she jarred herself aggravating the arthritis so an episode of more acute pain occurred. When Endeavour’s arthritic pain was in a flare up he would stop eating. Upping his doses of meloxicam and paracetamol for a few days helped. Sometimes he needed Tramadol too.He didn’t have to stay on high doses long term, just to get him through a flare up. If Clem’ does have arthritis I can highly recommend laser therapy. I bought one which I am also able to use on myself 😀
Yea she does, oh I'll have to have a look at that. Is it easy to do?

Yes, very easy. I just have a basic device, purchased from Amazon

Oh okay thanks I'll have a look :) could definitely do that for her tho. How often are you meant to do it?

I'm really sorry Clementine hasn't been well, and that the vet visit was so unhelpful. I'm glad she's been eating some veggies! It does sound like it's her moult that's bothering her, with those strung-together poops. The water in her veggies will help with that, at least. Sending her lots of vibes. 🥰

Also, if you look into laser therapy for her, do keep in mind that the professional devices vets use are a lot stronger and more effective than at-home devices, as the professional ones can reach higher wavelengths.

I'm really sorry Clementine hasn't been well, and that the vet visit was so unhelpful. I'm glad she's been eating some veggies! It does sound like it's her moult that's bothering her, with those strung-together poops. The water in her veggies will help with that, at least. Sending her lots of vibes. 🥰

Also, if you look into laser therapy for her, do keep in mind that the professional devices vets use are a lot stronger and more effective than at-home devices, as the professional ones can reach higher wavelengths.
Ah okay I'll have a Google if anyone does that around here for buns too, thanks for letting me know. How frequently do you do the vet device ones?

Ah okay I'll have a Google if anyone does that around here for buns too, thanks for letting me know. How frequently do you do the vet device ones?
It depends, really. Casper gets it every two weeks, and Sophie did, too, this summer, but right now Sophie's getting it once a week, because the cold has been bothering her, and this past winter she needed it twice a week, so I just follow her lead when she shows she's in pain. Casper might be fine with once a month, too, but since he's at the vets anyway for Sophie's treatment I just keep it at once every two weeks. My vet starts with twice a week for the first week (or first two weeks? I can't remember), then moves to once a week, and then twice a month and then once a month, depending on how the bunny responds, so it would depend on Clementine, I think.

Back