• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Clementine isn't eating :(

dear graciee,--lets compare notes-rx emeprid-otherwise known as [reglan]-metroclopramide,--to induce contractions for poops-1/2 life-upto 6 hr.dosage[0.5mg/kg],-caution can be painful,---loxicam??-meloxicam-metacam[analegesic-nsaid,]-dosage-0.3/0.6mg/kg,--tramadol -is an synthetic-opiate,and addicitive..--[1/2 life=over 6hours],-for severe pain-not recommended for long term use..-sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

Sending more vibes for Clementine. All I can add is that you must go with what your heart tells you Graciee - if that means go back to the vets then that needs to be the call.
Hugs to you and hope to read a positive update. xx

I decided not to go in the end, she'd just pooped and was eating hay, I felt like I'd not be doing what's best for her, just because I was scared, which isn't right. Idk how she is atm which tbh is killing me, I had to go over to my grandparents quickly, but it's been two hours now :( so I'm hoping she's okay, she doesn't need anything from me for another hour, which will be more fluids then meds at midnight, I might get up at 1.30 to fit some more fluids in before I leave it til the morning too. We'll see. Thanks xx

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

dear graciee,-from what I can see-p#35-today-poops are good size[compare p#14/p#35]-be concerned about pain meds [1/2 life-]-and not only what rx but over dosing[emeprid,loxicam,tramadol]--if possible use timothy,or,orchard grasses for poop box..--have you tried infant simethicone[gas]-and-stethoscope,tummy rubs.??-excellent job mum,--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

Hey James,

Yes those poops are much better, I hope they continue.

I haven't tried that and I wouldn't trust myself with belly rubs tbh.. I'd probably end up hurting her as I don't know what I'm doing [emoji51]

Sending vibes for both you and Clementine, hope she makes a swift recovery, it sounds like she's on the right track even if she's not 100% there yet.

Sending vibes for both you and Clementine, hope she makes a swift recovery, it sounds like she's on the right track even if she's not 100% there yet.
Thank you x

Had her fluids around 9.30pm, just gotta do both her painkillers and her Emeprid in 30 mins, she's been eating a little bit more hay and some veggies, she's been licking her daddy, I'm in her bad books because I keep jabbing her with a needle [emoji51] poor thing.. Few more poops here and there, I'm hoping if she keeps nomming hay it'll work through eventually, and I'm just praying that at tomorrow mornings appointment her blood glucose level is less, and the xray looks better. One thing though, my boyfriend saw her pee and it was a stream! I saw one earlier and it was drips, so we'll see I guess.

I have the worst headache ever and feel terrible too, so that's great timing [emoji51][emoji38]

Hey James,

Yes those poops are much better, I hope they continue.

I haven't tried that and I wouldn't trust myself with belly rubs tbh.. I'd probably end up hurting her as I don't know what I'm doing [emoji51]

dear graciee,-thank you for your kind response,..--I donot know the dosages,strength-of-rx[mg/ml-]-as far as belly rubs-just as she is lying about-hands on massage,and [heads up]-feeling for excess gas,discomfort.---my exotic dvm found it odd that I refused to give sub-Q-fluids--told her I made it through the 1960,s without needles-or drugs..-do you feel it would be wrong to slow down on sticks/rx-and follow the poops/pee,s.??--just curious--oh!-tramadol will help your head ache-[25mg]-just donot make a habit of it..-sincerely james waller from across the greatpond-usa

dear graciee,-thank you for your kind response,..--I donot know the dosages,strength-of-rx[mg/ml-]-as far as belly rubs-just as she is lying about-hands on massage,and [heads up]-feeling for excess gas,discomfort.---my exotic dvm found it odd that I refused to give sub-Q-fluids--told her I made it through the 1960,s without needles-or drugs..-do you feel it would be wrong to slow down on sticks/rx-and follow the poops/pee,s.??--just curious--oh!-tramadol will help your head ache-[25mg]-just donot make a habit of it..-sincerely james waller from across the greatpond-usa

I'm not too worried about the loxicom, tramadol and Emeprid she's had them all in the past and been okay, so hopefully it'll be fine :)

See I still feel like I could mess that up [emoji38][emoji38] they're so small you don't know what you're feeling (well I don't [emoji38]) I remember my vet trying to show me how to manually express a bunny bladder... I was so scared I was gunna hurt her [emoji51][emoji51]

She's pooped a little more, just hoping it keeps up overnight now.

I was nervous about doing the SQ fluids again but it's been going well so far :) I think I've got it down (fingers crossed I've not just jinxed that[emoji38])

Haha! If only I could steal her tramadol drops, probably would help! [emoji38][emoji38]

dear graciee,--you are doing just fine..-yes it is emotional to us humans caring for ones we love so much..-but just remember they count on our kindness and decision making-for them..try to get some sleep it is only 5:00pm-monday here,pacific west coast time,--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

Sending lots more vibes for Clementine and hugs to you, there’s no wonder you have a headache xx

Thanks everyone :)

This morning, blood glucose was at 12.4 (yesterday 13.9) so that's a little better :)

Stomach still a little large, and there's more gas in the cecum today.. But there was some poos quite near the exit that showed up on the xray [emoji38]

She's due her two painkillers soon so we'll see how today goes.

Thanks everyone :)

This morning, blood glucose was at 12.4 (yesterday 13.9) so that's a little better :)

Stomach still a little large, and there's more gas in the cecum today.. But there was some poos quite near the exit that showed up on the xray [emoji38]

She's due her two painkillers soon so we'll see how today goes.

Come on Clem. push those poos out and you will feel so much better for doing so. Sending millions more vibes xx

She's only just pooped but it's a little pile, she's not really eating at all either :(

Also only using this litter tray at the moment, and not the other one, the other one has become her bed or she's been laying out on the hay pile, she's really not herself :(
92f68e73355ddb3d39cfb23cb7779f18.jpg

Back