• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Clementine isn't eating

Graciee

Staff member
She was last night tho and after Atticus died :(

So maybe this could be something else? Idek

Not sure what to do tbh. Idk whether to give her a couple hours and see or straight to the vet.

Could it be she's missing him? I'm thinking probably not. She is moulting too.

Perhaps give her a little time, clean litter box and watch for output.
Can you make an appointment at vet in case no change in a couple hours?
Stress can slow gut motility too.

Oh bless her, maybe she is sensing he's not there. I agree monitor her output and vets if you're not happy. Sending loads of vibes for her xx

Perhaps give her a little time, clean litter box and watch for output.
Can you make an appointment at vet in case no change in a couple hours?
Stress can slow gut motility too.
Yea maybe, she nibbled a treat a little but that's it :(

Hi I’ve just seen that Atticus passed, I’m so sorry. You did so much. I agree with what others have said, monitor- she may be finding it difficult that Atticus isn’t there. Personally I’d probably give her oats, as I just try anything with zigzag.

I hope she eats soon

T
Hi I’ve just seen that Atticus passed, I’m so sorry. You did so much. I agree with what others have said, monitor- she may be finding it difficult that Atticus isn’t there. Personally I’d probably give her oats, as I just try anything with zigzag.

I hope she eats soon
Thank you, I just tried oats, no interest :(

Nope, tbh they didn't check much, I wasn't that impressed tbh :/

She's anger biting hay and throwing it atm :/
sorry you're girl isn't well...& that you have this to worry about on top of your grief. Do you have any sow thistle in your garden? the anger biting reminded me of Joeys last stasis episode & I was poking him with sow thistle, he went to bite it in annoyance & started eating. I've always used it as a key plant to tempt anorexic buns. Long shot - but if you did have some around . I can imagine how gutted you are about William leaving too. Rubbish vet consults are really difficult to manage

Back