• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really Really Urgent Re Desmond - 8.12.2009 The news we dreaded

Further update from Desmonds mummy

The brilliant vets also found:

he has a severe infection but are not sure where so he is being treated with antibitoics.

He is lame on all legs randomly - apparently another symptom of EC.

He is going between completely listless and crying :(:( to sitting up eating and drinking (FINALLY).

He is severely dehydrated as well (and thats after being kept in over night and apparently having fluids at the rubbish vets!!!!!!)

He currently has no head tilt.

The vet said the most critical factor at the moment is his renal values.

He is down as critical and the vet cant tell us if he will make it. :(:(

I dont think i have ever been so angry with anyone - how did our vets not notice all his symptoms! I feel so guilty putting him through GA when his poor little body was already so very stressed out from EC.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED US - I TRULY DONT BELIEVE HE WOULD BE HERE WITHOUT YOUR HELP.

Sending vibes for Des!!! Your other vet must be useless, you are so so lucky you managed to get into the referrals..!

:love:

Keep us updated xx

Jeez, what on earth were the origional Vets doing :shock:

Thank goodness for GWR, did you see Marie ? At least you can rest assured that Desmond and Lola are now receiving the very best Veterinary care. I so hope Desmond will pull through, he is clearly a very poorly Bun :cry:

I think a complaint to both your origional Vets and the RCVS is needed if you feel able to.

Blimey, I am so sorry you have had to go through this :cry:

Sending vibes for Des!!! Your other vet must be useless, you are so so lucky you managed to get into the referrals..!

:love:

Keep us updated xx

The new vets is amazing. They werent meant to take us as its for second opinons and vet referrals only but because i truly believed that he was dying very quickly they so very kindly agreed to see him.

I am so glad he is somewhere that can care for him properly and he currently cant get have any better treatment.

Jeez, what on earth were the origional Vets doing :shock:

Thank goodness for GWR, did you see Marie ? At least you can rest assured that Desmond and Lola are now receiving the very best Veterinary care. I so hope Desmond will pull through, he is clearly a very poorly Bun :cry:

I think a complaint to both your origional Vets and the RCVS is needed if you feel able to.

Blimey, I am so sorry you have had to go through this :cry:

I dont think the other vets did a thing - its truly shocking!!

We saw a chinese / japanese man (really lovely) and i am happy that they but especially Desmond is getting the best care he possibly can.

He is an incredibly poorly boy but he is a fighter so lots of prayers for him :)

There will be a very big complaint going in! Just not until i know the outcome with my little man and my head is a little better.

Thank you for your help :)

:shock::shock::shock:

How awful for you. I hope he manages to make it.
Sending lots of vibes. xxx

Come on Desmond, you can do it!

Lots of vibes from me. I have heard before that this place in Swindon is excellent.

Desmond is in good hands,im so glad you have found help.Sending massive vibes for both your bunnies.Marie,one of the brilliant vets from GWR,is often on this forum offering help and advice,when she has time.

I dont think the other vets did a thing - its truly shocking!!

We saw a chinese / japanese man (really lovely) and i am happy that they but especially Desmond is getting the best care he possibly can.

He is an incredibly poorly boy but he is a fighter so lots of prayers for him :)

There will be a very big complaint going in! Just not until i know the outcome with my little man and my head is a little better.

Thank you for your help :)

The vet will be Minh. Maria is off at mo`.
So glad he is feeling better and you have a good vet.
I think is is only cats and dogs that are referrals only, as i just rang up and asked to book flower in for a spay.????

The vet will be Minh. Maria is off at mo`.
So glad he is feeling better and you have a good vet.
I think is is only cats and dogs that are referrals only, as i just rang up and asked to book flower in for a spay.????

You need to be referred if your bunny is already under a vet.I rang up for an appoinment when my boy,Willow,was seriously ill and they would only see him if my vets would refer him

You need to be referred if your bunny is already under a vet.I rang up for an appoinment when my boy,Willow,was seriously ill and they would only see him if my vets would refer him

Oh thats odd! Flower was registered at another vets and they knew that, Maybe it is if your rabbit is under treatment???

Back