• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please HELP!!! is my rabbit ok????

Am I right in thinking cotton wool type bedding is dangerous to baby rabbits? It is for hamsters.

Hope the birth goes well.

I was about to say the same thing. Do not believe what you see written on packets, I would remove the cotton wool type stuff when possible, the babies legs etc can get tangled in it. The mum will have made a beautiful nest by herself so I would leave it at that......

Good luck

sorry my internet stopped working last night :(
she had her babies shes given birth to 3 little stunners :D
at around 9:40pm last night :D
im full of rabbits this xmas but i'm lovein it :D

So glad everything was ok - it would've driven me crazy too!
Out of interest, when a doe has had babies and just given birth, can you pick the mother up for a cuddle or will it lead to her destroying them? Smirnoff isn't pregnant yet but she will be soon!!

Out of interest, when a doe has had babies and just given birth, can you pick the mother up for a cuddle or will it lead to her destroying them? Smirnoff isn't pregnant yet but she will be soon!!

Why will she be soon? Are you intending on breeding her? If so have you thought about the potential consequences? Do you know the background of her and the buck back three generations?

:cry:

sorry my internet stopped working last night :(
she had her babies shes given birth to 3 little stunners :D
at around 9:40pm last night :D
im full of rabbits this xmas but i'm lovein it :D

Best of luck to mam and babbies xxxx

hi,
i left my doe alone so far...i stroke her and everything...but i havnt picked her up as of yet since she had her kits.
and i;am not a breeder this happened due to gender mix up....i wouldnt advice breeding to be honest....everyday i check on them im worried some have died and so far none have thank god but if they did i would be heart broken...also my rabbit seemed in a lot of pain last night and it was horrible to watch...so i wouldnt really put your beloved pet through all this. if you want more rabbits you can get them from a rescue and then it will be alot more rewarding.
just to clarify im not moaning at you or anything...im just informing you...becuase im really scared about getting all my rabbits new homes in case thye go to a horrible home...so thats more things to worry about.
good luck with what you choose to do though...but please take my advice on board. :D

Back