• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Herbie & Hollie Bonding - UPDATE P96 7th May AM

Thanks guys. There was a bit of stamping & grunting going on overnight. They are definitely interested in one another, just being little blighters!

Aye, nat, have a few days off to try to sort this bond! Back at work Tuesday

Quick update while they are behaving....

Got the mat of Ali (Thanks x) and made the pen 4 panels @ 600mm square with only hay. Had taken them both with me to pick up the mat so Ali met them both. They were ok in hers but Hollie was a wee bit nippy with Herbie. Both were snuggling in the carrier in the car. Brought them home and made up pen and put them in.....chasing and nipping galore!!!!!!

All day there has been psychotic chasing, nipping & attempted humping, along with Hollie putting her head down for Herbie to groom, Herbie grooming her and Hollie giving Herbie about three wee licks on the face. At the moment they are sleeping facing one another with their heads touching.

Hollie is nippy with Herbie every so often but then they settle down. I really pray that she packs in the nipping as Herbie canny really retaliate as he has no Incisors.

Anyways, I think it's going to still be tough but I am just about managing to cope! Although being in the house this long is mind numbingly dull!!!!!!!!

Thanks all for your continued support x

You're doing well! It sounds as if all will be fine (not that I've much experience!) but the signs are good - might just take a wee bit of time for them to sort out their hierarchy.

Lots of bonding vibes for them being sent :)

Woohoo... Admire your nerves of steel!!!!

hope it continues well .. for all of you...

Fee x

They are both absolutely and utterly gorgeous. I am so lucky to have met them both and I have to say, Lord Spenser may have the whitest feetsies but Herbie has the smoothest and silkiest. :love:

You are doing great and it all sounds pretty normal, why bunnies can't just meet and say how do you do I will never know!

It sounds like bailey and angels bind when they first started.
If im right it should calm down over a few days, but don't make the mistake I did and increase the space too soon.
Car journeys were invalueable as well.
It sounds as though its going well :) xxxx

It sounds like it's going ok so far, stick with it! :wave: I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for bonding Olly and Molly! :shock: hope things are ok overnight! :wave: x thanks for the jumper BTW, it arrived today :D

I really hope you have a quiet night and are not woken by the scuffles of gorgeous bunnies. :wave:

Well I got woken up about 5 times in the night with them chasing / nipping. They were probably at it a few more times but that was all that I heard.

They have been chasing twice since I got up this morning.

The best part is........Hollie has now groomed Herbie twice, well twice that I have seen :) Herbie had been licking her loads but she hadn't been returning the favour. I do feel a bit sorry for Hollie tho' cos Herbie is a lionhead and he has a fluffy head so she keeps getting long bits of fur in her mouth!

Anyways, I am going to leave them alone in the house for an hour while I go for lunch at my grans. At the moment they are just sleeping so hoping they continue to be fine. The way I am looking at it is that I have to get used to leaving them home alone sooner or later so an hour is the starting point.....still nervous tho'

Back