• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Orenoko

Bunny won't use litter tray since operation

Hi all So you'll know from my other thread "Rupert's eye" that my bun Rupert had his eye taken out 3ish weeks ago (and is blind in his other eye). During recovery he was in a pen, with a litter tray in it. He had a couple of accidents but did use the litter tray. Now that he's out of the pen...
  2. Orenoko

Rupert's eye

Rupert is completely blind due to cataracts and has recently got an ulcer in his eye. Not sure how it happened, but he was improving initially with antibiotics and corneal repair gel, but has now got worse. He had a recheck at the vet today and now has stronger antibiotics but they talked about...
  3. Orenoko

Substitute for oxbow joint support

I'm sure I've asked this here ages ago but can't find the thread now. Oxbow joint support seems to be out of stock everywhere, can anyone recommend any suitable alternatives?
  4. Orenoko

Insurance renewal - how much is too much?

I just got Lilac's insurance renewal through, it's gone up from £33 to £38 a month. She is nearly 9 so I can't shop around (already tried a couple of years ago and no one would even give me a quote). Rupert's insurance is £30 a month as well so I'm looking at almost £70 a month in insurance...
  5. Orenoko

Update - Rupert's in the wars again :(

Noticed something off with the way Rupert was walking and we've been able to narrow it down to a limp on his front right leg. Picked him up and tried to have a good feel, can't feel anything obvious, no swelling, lumps or bumps, and his claws are all in tact. Going to try and get him in at the...
  6. Orenoko

Rupert diarrhoea

Just noticed Rupert has diarrhoea, luckily I've been able to get him in at the vets but not until this evening. Not sure what's caused it as he hasn't had anything new or different to eat (to my knowledge). He ate fine this morning and also took some dandelion root an hour or so ago before I...
  7. Orenoko

Wasp sting!!

Rupert was just minding his business sitting in the living room while we watch TV when a wasp has stung him on the face near his nose! First we knew was when he started running wildly around the room. OH removed the wasp, Rupert is cleaning his face a lot as must be very sore. Have done a video...
  8. Orenoko

Excel nuggets recipe change?

I recently bought a new bag of Excel nuggets and Lilac just is not interested in them at all. Ate the last bag no issues, but as soon as I opened the new bag she turned her nose up. She will eat absolutely everything else - hay, veg, treats - no questions asked so I don't think there's anything...
  9. Orenoko

Snuffles

Despite getting a clean bill of health a few weeks ago Lilac has since developed snuffles. She sounds like a pig snorting when she's eating. First noticed it on Monday, I was meant to be working at the Old Bailey today but luckily it was cancelled and I've been able to get her booked in at the...
  10. Orenoko

Positive trip to the vet for a change!

Over the weekend Lilac seemed a tiny bit snuffly at times. She had pasteurella about 18 months ago so I didn't want to take any chances and booked her in today. I'm also away for a few days soon and my rabbits have a tendency to get ill when I'm about to go away! Anyway, she's absolutely fine...
  11. Orenoko

Bunny themed plates mugs etc

Following on from the thread with the George stuff I found this recently https://www.hammade.com/ Am deffo going to be buying a mug as my favourite coffee mug has a massive split down the side. Just have to make sure I don't buy much more!
  12. Orenoko

Health tips for the ageing bun?

Lilac is around 8 and Rupert is 6 (roughly, both were rescues so not completely sure). They both seem to be in good health, no issues with cleaning themselves and no signs of arthritis that I can see. Rupert is blind but manages better than I ever thought he would have done, he very rarely bumps...
  13. Orenoko

Anybody got spring fever yet?!

Rupert is usually a big one for spring fever, he runs around honking and gets obsessed with digging certain things (last year it was a pillow). Yesterday he started digging at a spare duvet and he's starting to circle Lilac a little bit too. He's also become quite possessive over an old...
  14. Orenoko

Omnimatrix for sore hocks?

I took Lilac to the vet today as she has conjunctivitis. Decided to ask about her hocks as she's always had little red marks but I noticed recently she was bothered by one. The vet said they look okay and definitely not infected (and I've also seen images of sore hock progression so I'm not too...
  15. Orenoko

Delivery!

A new box of Timothy hay arrived today, I thought I'd let them try some. Safe to say I haven't seen Rupert's face since [emoji1787] Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk
  16. Orenoko

Boredom breakers for blind buns

I have two buns, Lilac and Rupert. I always used to give them boredom breakers with their food in when I was out all day. Rupert has gone pretty much completely blind, he has cataracts in both eyes now, but has adjusted well and the vet is happy with him generally. I was wondering whether people...
  17. Orenoko

Eyesight/cataracts

Rupert has developed a cataract in one eye over recent months and now his other eye is starting to look cloudy. He's been seen by the vet who doesn't think he's in any pain, and he's a happy little sausage overall. But I worry about him as he's starting to bump into things e.g. furniture and...
  18. Orenoko

Hurt my own bun - feel sick

Hi all I haven't posted for a while here so apologies for coming here begging for healing vibes. I was cleaning my rabbits' litter tray this morning sitting on the floor, I had to lean forward briefly and when I sat back down I've accidentally sat down on Rupert's head. He didn't squeal or make...
  19. Orenoko

Vibes for Lilac

She went into stasis in the evening, she refused her nuggets at 8pm. I persuaded her to eat one fenugreek crunchie and a tiny amount of dry porridge oats but then she started to turn her nose up. She's had some emeprid and metacam. Just got up (2am) to check on her, she refused all food so fed...
  20. Orenoko

Ingested plastic

As the title suggests, one of my rabbits has ingested some plastic overnight. I use a pipette to feed my fish and must've dropped it on the floor last night without realising. I remember hearing some nibbling when I was in bed but I didn't think anything of it tbh. Anyway, I found the pipette on...
Back