• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anybody got spring fever yet?!

Orenoko

Mama Doe
Rupert is usually a big one for spring fever, he runs around honking and gets obsessed with digging certain things (last year it was a pillow). Yesterday he started digging at a spare duvet and he's starting to circle Lilac a little bit too. He's also become quite possessive over an old cardboard box and is digging in there too. Seems quite early but he's full of himself! I thought him being almosg blind now might mean he's not so sprightly but I have clearly underestimated him lol.

I'm sure it gets earlier each year! When I was horse riding the other day I was going past some paddocks and the horses in them were bucking and cantering past us, definitely something in the air!

Eddy has permanent spring fever, no matter the season. I'm sad Boo hasn't started litter tray evictions yet this year, she is prob too pooped

Its nice to hear Ruperts eyesight isn't holding him back:love:

Eddy has permanent spring fever, no matter the season. I'm sad Boo hasn't started litter tray evictions yet this year, she is prob too pooped

Its nice to hear Ruperts eyesight isn't holding him back:love:

Haha permanent spring fever, I love it! I must admit I'm secretly looking forward to hearing Rupert's honks again soon, they're so funny.

I got a fever two days ago, I've had much worse, this one just feels more like a common cold, I'm drinking lots of water, tea and whatever else I have. I'm feeling thirsty all the time. It be gone by next week.

I got a fever two days ago, I've had much worse, this one just feels more like a common cold, I'm drinking lots of water, tea and whatever else I have. I'm feeling thirsty all the time. It be gone by next week.

In this thread we a referring to a certain behaviour often seen in Rabbits that is known as ‘Spring Fever’. As the daylight hours get longer and Spring approaches Rabbits can become a lot more lively and exhibit hormonal behaviour such as humping each other, nesting, even fighting in a few cases. It affects neutered Rabbits as well as entire Rabbits.

This is Dara, one of my spayed Does. She was doing some ‘Spring Fever’ nesting last week

A26jCps.jpg

So we are not talking about ‘fever’ as in an illness where there is a raised body temperature :)

Hope your own illness fever resolves soon. Us humans are being hit but so many viruses at the moment, it seems it is only a minority of humans who haven’t got some sort of virus causing a fever.
Paracetamol taken every 4-6 hours will help lower your fever, lots of fluids too :)

I think Georgie cat is having a spring fever "episode" this morning :lol: he was bombing about and howling before 6 :roll: we've just had a mad session chasing his laser light toy, and now he's zonked , hope that was his spring fever over :lol:

I need coffee now !!

Lacey behaves like she is already spayed, I think she has had some fever over the spring months. She built a nest one time too.

The contents of the upstairs dog bed / litter tray had been evicted twice yesterday:love: I didn't see the responsible bunny in action but so hope it was Boobly bear - she has always done this late Dec- January & i was thinking she wasn't up to it anymore

It's kicked off in the last couple of days here too, work calls are starting to get interesting...

Billy is bad for it all year round, poor poppy can never catch a break :lol:

The contents of the upstairs dog bed / litter tray had been evicted twice yesterday:love: I didn't see the responsible bunny in action but so hope it was Boobly bear - she has always done this late Dec- January & i was thinking she wasn't up to it anymore
I hope it was Boo and that she had lots of fun. :love: It would be really nice if she's still up to her litter tray digging parties. :love:

Is Eddy still jumping all over her or has he calmed down a bit?

Willoughby is mounting Apricot [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] I keep trying to get pictures and failing tho [emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Whenever I try introduce Lacey to Lucky they both want to rip pieces out of one another, I'm always there to keep any fighting at bay. They live separately. Lucky doesn't like Lamb Chop neither. Even though Lucky has been neutered he gets very grumpy when there is another rabbit near by.

Whenever I try introduce Lacey to Lucky they both want to rip pieces out of one another, I'm always there to keep any fighting at bay. They live separately. Lucky doesn't like Lamb Chop neither. Even though Lucky has been neutered he gets very grumpy when there is another rabbit near by.

Wasn’t Lamb Chop due to be neutered this week or last?

:love: aww thanks PM & Reader - I think it must be Boo, Eddy likes to focus his "work" on destroying anything wood (preferably furniture & doors as he can get a better tooth angle) or carpet . Plus pooping everywhere. I also don't see why he'd start doing it now. Only the hay is being evicted - its not as full on as previous years. Eddy hasn't calmed down at all although Boo's vocal protests have a bit. Whenever he has been adventuring he always enter the room with binkies which he does figure of 8 style over Boo.

:love: aww thanks PM & Reader - I think it must be Boo, Eddy likes to focus his "work" on destroying anything wood (preferably furniture & doors as he can get a better tooth angle) or carpet . Plus pooping everywhere. I also don't see why he'd start doing it now. Only the hay is being evicted - its not as full on as previous years. Eddy hasn't calmed down at all although Boo's vocal protests have a bit. Whenever he has been adventuring he always enter the room with binkies which he does figure of 8 style over Boo.

Oh Eddy, you do make me laugh lad :lol::love:

Back