• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Very worried about Apricot :(

I'm sorry I'm late to this thread but have been following. I continue to marvel at your DIY abilities, I would've had to have someone handy like you make an item like this for me. It looks like a proper incubator, it does! :thumb:
Bless her, I'm thinking good thoughts and hoping she improves. She's such a lovely lass. Sending hugs your way too. xxxxx

Thanks everyone for thinking of us, I'm so worried about her tbh she's really not herself :(

Is f10 okay for humans to breathe in? William said yes but it makes my lungs hurt [emoji51] my lungs aren't great though so it could just be I'm extra sensitive.

I'm sorry I'm late to this thread but have been following. I continue to marvel at your DIY abilities, I would've had to have someone handy like you make an item like this for me. It looks like a proper incubator, it does! :thumb:
Bless her, I'm thinking good thoughts and hoping she improves. She's such a lovely lass. Sending hugs your way too. xxxxx

Oh it wasn't difficult, I just punctured the plastic box with a soldering iron, took only a few minutes xx

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Aww that she lay down in her box and yippee that the wanted to eat afterwards. Hope she continues to improve.

Sending millions of vibes for Apricot. You’re doing an amazing job Graciee - building that box for her was very McGuiver. I’m sure Apricot knows just how much love there is to her from you and I hope she continues to improve. Xx

Thanks everyone for thinking of us, I'm so worried about her tbh she's really not herself :(

Is f10 okay for humans to breathe in? William said yes but it makes my lungs hurt [emoji51] my lungs aren't great though so it could just be I'm extra sensitive.

Oh it wasn't difficult, I just punctured the plastic box with a soldering iron, took only a few minutes xx

I dunno but if it makes your lungs hurt it would seem logical for you to avoid. Do you have a decent decorating type mask, dunno what you call them, kind of the opposite to the hankies everyone wore under their nose (or chin:lol:)

Aww that she lay down in her box and yippee that the wanted to eat afterwards. Hope she continues to improve.
Sending millions of vibes for Apricot. You’re doing an amazing job Graciee - building that box for her was very McGuiver. I’m sure Apricot knows just how much love there is to her from you and I hope she continues to improve. Xx
Thanks both, I really hope she can recover but my vet seemed really unsure tbh

She's very loved here, she's my most human friendly bun, she's extremely chilled out and friendly, loves strokes, and has liked Evelyn even when she was a newborn and the rest of them were like yeaaaaa no. [emoji38]

Last edited:
I dunno but if it makes your lungs hurt it would seem logical for you to avoid. Do you have a decent decorating type mask, dunno what you call them, kind of the opposite to the hankies everyone wore under their nose (or chin[emoji38])

Respirator! Yea I do actually in my parents garage, I'll pop round and get it tomorrow I think, good idea

Does she seem worse within herself after being in the nebuliser ? Is her breathing faster/more laboured ? F10 is safe to use in a nebuliser, but that’s not to say that an individual Rabbit might not be very sensitive to it. I often just use sterile saline solution.

Is she on Meloxicam to address the inflammation in her lungs ?

Also, if she has become more unwell within herself has it occurred after starting abx ?

Roisin was exceptionally quiet for several days when her pneumonia started. Not sure if you have ever had pneumonia, but it sure as hell makes you feel rubbish. Thankfully Roisin has continued to eat, I hope that Apricot is too.

Does she seem worse within herself after being in the nebuliser ? Is her breathing faster/more laboured ? F10 is safe to use in a nebuliser, but that’s not to say that an individual Rabbit might not be very sensitive to it. I often just use sterile saline solution.

Is she on Meloxicam to address the inflammation in her lungs ?

Also, if she has become more unwell within herself has it occurred after starting abx ?

Roisin was exceptionally quiet for several days when her pneumonia started. Not sure if you have ever had pneumonia, but it sure as hell makes you feel rubbish. Thankfully Roisin has continued to eat, I hope that Apricot is too.

She actually just seems the same tbh, no worse, no better. She quieter than usual and not as bossy but is still eating and runs over for a treat, but eats it slowly and is struggling :( William said she was very very sick and to make her comfortable :/ I got the impression he thought it was worth a go but outcome likely wouldn't be good. He said ct was pointless after seeing how bad the xray was. He said we could xray again if improvement was made. But he seems to think she'll have a lot of damage if she survives? Idk.

Yea she's on loxicom and baytril and another antibiotic I think which I csnt remember the name of, I think it starts with K? I'll check and update this.

Yea I've had pneumonia, was bloody awful. Yes she's still eating okay, interested in her hay like normal, but she's not eating as fast probably because she can't breathe easily, William said she was working very hard to breathe yesterday :(

Is Rosin fully recovered? Like she'll be okay? Was it the same thing? I'm honestly sick with worry we're gunna lose her :'( everytime I look at her Willoughby is grooming her head gently. I feel so bad for him, he definitely knows and he's being so supportive :(

She actually just seems the same tbh, no worse, no better. She quieter than usual and not as bossy but is still eating and runs over for a treat, but eats it slowly and is struggling :( William said she was very very sick and to make her comfortable :/ I got the impression he thought it was worth a go but outcome likely wouldn't be good. He said ct was pointless after seeing how bad the xray was. He said we could xray again if improvement was made. But he seems to think she'll have a lot of damage if she survives? Idk.

Yea she's on loxicom and baytril and another antibiotic I think which I csnt remember the name of, I think it starts with K? I'll check and update this.

Yea I've had pneumonia, was bloody awful. Yes she's still eating okay, interested in her hay like normal, but she's not eating as fast probably because she can't breathe easily, William said she was working very hard to breathe yesterday :(

Is Rosin fully recovered? Like she'll be okay? Was it the same thing? I'm honestly sick with worry we're gunna lose her :'( everytime I look at her Willoughby is grooming her head gently. I feel so bad for him, he definitely knows and he's being so supportive :(

For the first 3 days Roisin barely moved. She has chronic rhinitis from previous episodes of ‘snuffles’ but the nasal discharge became thick and yellow instead of like water, her eyes were full of gunk and her lungs sounded very, very congested with hardly any air entry to her right lung. Her respiratory effort was increased. She also had a fever. But she continued to eat, albeit very slowly. After nebulising she was sneezing out huge clumps of green gunk. By day 4 she was less congested and her lungs sounded better and her respiratory effort was normal again. She was a bit more active too. We are on day 8 now and she is stable. Still some nasal and ocular discharge, right lung very crackly and she remains quieter than usual. She’s eating with more enthusiasm though.

So no, as of now she hasn’t recovered but she is improving. I anticipate her being on abx for at least a month, probably longer. She is very likely to have long term lung damage from scaring and this will leave her vulnerable to future infections. She will also be very high risk should she ever need a GA. But we are hoping that she will be able to have a reasonable QOL. Assuming she doesn’t relapse again

I don’t know if you remember a Rabbit I had called Bobbie ? An ex meat farm Rabbit who came to me nursing 5 x 3 week old kits and pregnant again. She also had the worst case of pneumonia I have ever seen. She very nearly died giving birth to litter 2 whom she was too sick to raise. The kits all died. Whilst Bobbie was gravely ill for weeks, developing enterotoxaemia due to an adverse reaction to depocillin on top of everything else, she defied all of the odds and survived. She had life long recurring respiratory infections, eye infections and abscesses. But she was such a happy girl. Many people told me I should have her PTS when she was so, so ill at the start. But my Vet felt Bobbie had a chance and the will to fight. So we fought with her. She lived for another 7 years, even coming through three GAs during those years. First her spay and a few years later she had to have abscesses surgically removed.

So don’t give up hope yet. If Apricot is telling you she wants to keep fighting, fight with her x

Last edited:
Apricot is fighting and tolerating her treatment which are good signs.
Hang in there and fight with Apricot and she may surprise you and William.
Love is a powerful medicine.

Thinking of you all and hoping that Apricot will pull through.

I agree with j&b that if your lungs are feeling the effects of the F10, you should protect them.

For the first 3 days Roisin barely moved. She has chronic rhinitis from previous episodes of ‘snuffles’ but the nasal discharge became thick and yellow instead of like water, her eyes were full of gunk and her lungs sounded very, very congested with hardly any air entry to her right lung. Her respiratory effort was increased. She also had a fever. But she continued to eat, albeit very slowly. After nebulising she was sneezing out huge clumps of green gunk. By day 4 she was less congested and her lungs sounded better and her respiratory effort was normal again. She was a bit more active too. We are on day 8 now and she is stable. Still some nasal and ocular discharge, right lung very crackly and she remains quieter than usual. She’s eating with more enthusiasm though.

So no, as of now she hasn’t recovered but she is improving. I anticipate her being on abx for at least a month, probably longer. She is very likely to have long term lung damage from scaring and this will leave her vulnerable to future infections. She will also be very high risk should she ever need a GA. But we are hoping that she will be able to have a reasonable QOL. Assuming she doesn’t relapse again

I don’t know if you remember a Rabbit I had called Bobbie ? An ex meat farm Rabbit who came to me nursing 5 x 3 week old kits and pregnant again. She also had the worst case of pneumonia I have ever seen. She very nearly died giving birth to litter 2 whom she was too sick to raise. The kits all died. Whilst Bobbie was gravely ill for weeks, developing enterotoxaemia due to an adverse reaction to depocillin on top of everything else, she defied all of the odds and survived. She had life long recurring respiratory infections, eye infections and abscesses. But she was such a happy girl. Many people told me I should have her PTS when she was so, so ill at the start. But my Vet felt Bobbie had a chance and the will to fight. So we fought with her. She lived for another 7 years, even coming through three GAs during those years. First her spay and a few years later she had to have abscesses surgically removed.

So don’t give up hope yet. If Apricot is telling you she wants to keep fighting, fight with her x

Thank you so much for that info, that's really useful, I so so hope she can survive this. I'm at my nans rn coz she's in a bit of a state but need to get home for Apricots spa session [emoji38]

I hope Roisin will be okay too xx

Last edited:
Apricot is fighting and tolerating her treatment which are good signs.
Hang in there and fight with Apricot and she may surprise you and William.
Love is a powerful medicine.

Yea it is, thank you xx

Thinking of you and Apricot, and willing her on xxxx

Thanks A :) xxx

Thinking of you all and hoping that Apricot will pull through.

I agree with j&b that if your lungs are feeling the effects of the F10, you should protect them.

Thanks Omi, yea I've picked up the respirator, that should make it better although it probably looks like I'm gassing my rabbit in a box to the neighbours [emoji38][emoji51]

Back