• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Memorial to Baillie - pictures added

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
3 years ago today i had to have my two and a half year old Dobermann Baillie PTS, baillie came to me when he was 6 months old from a friend of a friend who had taken him from someone who was going to kill him with a hammer for being distructive, Baillie had never played with a toy and hadn't a clue what to do with a bone, he was my baby. Baillie developed nerve cancer in his penis, due to the beatings he received as a pup. He was diagnosed in September 2005 and went to edinburgh to have an opertaion to remove his penis and re-route his urethra so that he pee'd like a girl dog. This was our only option to try and remove the cancer. Nerve cancer is a very aggressive form and radio-therapy etc do not work on it. I asked the vets in edinburgh what the chances were of removeing to cancer and was told 80%, they also said that if they did not get it all and left even a miniscule cell the cancer would return with vengenc. After the surgery and two weeks in Edinburgh Baillie was allowed to come home. The vets were 99% certain they had got all the cancer and said even if it return he would have a minimum of six months. We were very hopfull and Baillie was fit and well again by November. By new years eve Baillie had become unwell and Ali found a lump. On the 4th January 2006 we had a biopsy and scan done by my vets and on first glance they were sure the cancer had returned, but wanted to wait for the biopsy results to be returned from edinburgh before anything happend, thinking the worst but also hopefull that we would have Baillie for another 6months or so we carried on as normal although we planned to have Baillie helped to the bridge before he suffered. On the morning of the 9th January 2006 my sister rang me at work to say that Baillie was lyeing on the dining room floor shaking and wouldn't move. I new it was time, i rang Hazel (my Vet) from work and got her to meet me at home Baillie was helped to the bridge at lunch time. We took his body to my dad gliding club and buried him alongside my childhood dog Jay and Alis old dog Glen. He was free from pain and could run and be happy. We got the biopsy results a week later and they confirmed that it was indeed the cancer, it has spread to his liver, lungs and spleen. I will miss him always and still to this day do not understand why i had him for such a small amount of time. I have many pictures of Baillie but stupidly forgot to bring my CD's into work. I will post a picture of my beautiful boy tonight.
Running Free Sweetheart xxx
PhillsPicture002.jpg

Baillie-1.jpg

bailliebella.jpg

Last edited:
God it was so upsetting wasn't it Phill he was the best pup ever and came so far to trust you - you are missed Ballie pup x

Oh Phill was it really 3 years ago :shock: :cry: :cry:

My heart went out to you when you had to let Baillie go :cry:

He will never really leave you as you will always hold him in your memories and in your heart :)

I can't believe it was 3 years ago,I remember it like yesterday it was all so sad,thinking of you x

I remember it well too, Phill, just about a year after my dear Harriet went to the Bridge....I bet they are having some fun there together!!! :love:;)

He was a stunning Doggie.Im so sorry you lost him at such a young age.I hope you are pain free and having fun at the bridge Baillie xxx

Oh my goodnes.... how very sad :cry::cry::cry::cry:
I am so so sorry you lost your special little man... he was beautiful, you gave him the home he deserved and showed him what love and care was. Atleast he passed to the bridge knowing what that was.
Hugs to you. xxxx

Aww that made me cry, Thank God you found each other, you gave him unconditional love & he you .... to me that is what all animals & people need to be happy.
It stills hurt tho but you know he is still around you & he will be playing at that brigde with loads more doggies having fun :)

Back