• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Your Bunny A Cuddle Bun Or Not?

Is your bunny a cuddle bun?

• Total voters

twobunnies&apony

Alpha Buck
I was just thinking about this today as I have two buns who are definitely not cuddle buns (Timmy has only been with me since September so I still have hopes that he may learn to love cuddles in time) and it made me wonder what the proportion of cuddlers to non-cuddlers is so I thought I would do a little non-scientific survey! No idea how to do this though so please be patient if it all goes wrong.:)

Ha ha!! I have 11 gorgeous buns, so bear with me: Poppy Peaches, Bramble, Rozie and Misty enjoy a cuddle especially the first two! Pippin my little lad ENDURES a cuddle from his mummy when I manage to pick him up, Baby Daisy does everything to avoid being picked up, Harley seems to be warming to a cuddle now but can struggle like mad when you try to pick him up, though he now LOVES nose rubs (still work in practise) Izzy likes a cuddle if you can get hold of her! Taffy is our wildie, difficult to catch but seems to enjoy a cuddle for a short time then frantically tries to jump off! Bella and Declan are happy to be left alone - a nightmare to catch these 2!! as long as i have some cuddly buns I'm happy!!! We all need a bundle of fluff to love and cuddle each day ;)

Artie is VERY cuddly, he has been since very young, same with Esme. Rudy was cuddly when single but since bonded to Tink he accepts a cuddle but he's just waiting for the reward :roll: Tink doesn't like cuddles but she had a very poor start in life so I wouldn't trust humins if I was her either :cry::cry: Elijah and Erin are also very cuddly. So, 5 out of 6 cuddle buns.

All 3 of mine are cuddle buns :) I must have good luck or something, all my past buns were quite cuddly, always wanting pets and attention.

Radish is a cuddle bun and Waffle would rather I didn't touch her at all but does put up with the occassional nose rubs but more often than not runs away when I try to touch her. :lol:

Mine are getting there, they do not really like being picked up but once in your arms they are very cuddly. I have one rabbit who is very laid back and one who pokes his little nose into everything.

My rabbits both hate me, the last time I managed to pick either of them up for a cuddle was the same day I was rushed to A&E to have my face sewn back on.

Aaahh that's really sad. I'm sure they don't hate you at all, just hate cuddles. Olive is a dwarf lop who looks like a big grey muff, so so cuddly to look at but if only!! Since getting Timmy, who is much smaller than her, (not cuddly but just easier to handle when necessary) I have got more confident with Olive. She still hates the whole process of being picked up etc but I now feel less like I am going to drop her and she doesn't wriggle so much now as I just hold her nice and firmly next to me - this almost feels like a cuddle even though it is more a case of containing her wriggliness!!!

Aaahh that's really sad. I'm sure they don't hate you at all, just hate cuddles. Olive is a dwarf lop who looks like a big grey muff, so so cuddly to look at but if only!! Since getting Timmy, who is much smaller than her, (not cuddly but just easier to handle when necessary) I have got more confident with Olive. She still hates the whole process of being picked up etc but I now feel less like I am going to drop her and she doesn't wriggle so much now as I just hold her nice and firmly next to me - this almost feels like a cuddle even though it is more a case of containing her wriggliness!!!

:lol::lol:Sorry :oops:

Little Ted will put up with it for a short time then he gets really wriggly. Rosie is hard to catch, took a chunk out of my hand last time I put both my hands on her (after I ignored her growling, clearly I won't be doing that again :lol::lol:) and when Martyn picks her up she grunts and tries to dig her way out, through his shoulder usually:D

Oh gosh yes - permanently busy with them all - but not broke - my daughters are 13 and 19 and not as dependant on me so my buns are my life and I don't go out or spend money on anything else so am more than happy to spend on them instead, besides most are rescue buns or unwanted buns who deserve a good life so happy to spend my share on them all - it makes me sooo happy:love::love::love:and I get so much back:love::love:

Suzibunbun you must be very busy with so many cuddlers and non-cuddlers to look after, and I would imagine a bit broke too!!

I only have Julie but she is demanding of cuddles and petting. She will force us to pet her with one foot if we are standing by jamming her nose then head under a foot. If I am on the floor she puts her head in my lap or snuggles up against me. If we are lying down she will even work her way under any part of our body that she can. She will jump into my lay but I am not allowed to pick her up according to her. She wants love but does not like to be picked up. If she is in the kitchen where she free ranges and the gate is up and no one is in there she will scratch on the baby gate until someone goes in and plays with her.

I think it depends on the rabbit :D Out of the 5 that Ive had, only 2 have been cuddlers :wave:
Currently I have Oliver and Oscar. Oliver will do ANYTHING for a cuddle. When he is out he is constantly following me and pushing his dear little head under my hand. He is the sweetest bun in the entire world.
Oscar isn't against cuddling, but he'd rather not be bothered. He likes the occasional nose or cheek rub, but since he's rather new to me, he's still a little wary.
One of my old buns, Blaise, was HORRIBLE. Couldn't lay a hand on him :roll:

Last edited:
Both of mine are. Especially Rio. He permanently wants to be cuddled....by me anyway. He quite often runs off when my husband tries to cuddle him. He's a mummy's boy.

Back