• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He needs a proper name before he goes for his neuter P31 neutered and named.....

Thanks for your input everybody, there's some great names amongst them but I just haven't settled on one yet :oops:

So he's on today's op list (might even have been done for all I know) and he hasn't got a proper name yet.:(

He's got through his neuter uneventfully and when i rang at 3pm he was already eating. so I'm collecting him after work.

I'm really excited to see him again, which is weird as I've been apprehensive about seeing him every time since Wednesday.

I've also settled on a name..........

Little Skunk.

I decided 'Skunk' was just rude/disrepsective (maybe) whereas 'Little Skunk' is playful/term of endearment and it remembers Little Dot by having 'Little' as part of his name.

I think I'm happy with that, though in an hour and a half when i collect him, I may have changed my mind again....:oops:

Last edited:
I don't know, Skunk doesn't seem disrespectful to me. Skunks can be funny, cute animals. Which is what I hope this one will turn out to be now that the hormones are turned off! :D
I did go online and look up synonyms for skunk though...just in case...and I got a few ideas that made me chuckle.

Wiki says this:
The word "polecat" (with "pole" from either the French poulet "chicken" or puant "stinking"), which in Europe refers to the wild relatives of the ferret, has been attested in the New World to refer to the skunk since the 1680s.[1] The word "squunck" is attested in New England in the 1630s, probably borrowed from Abenaki seganku[2] or another Algonquian language, with the Proto-Algonquian form */šeka:kwa/ being a compound of the roots */šek-/ meaning 'to urinate' and */-a:kw/ meaning 'fox'.
I have a fascination with how words come to be and I think in this case, "skunk" got off easy! :lol:

Skunks are crepuscular, as rabbits, and their young are also called kits. :)

In Spanish the name for skunk is "Zorrillo".

At the top of the article, there is the scientific term for skunk, "Mephitidae" and then right after that a reference; (in part, see text)
Bonaparte, 1845
So my mind went off on a tangent and thought...there was a little stinker for sure...I suppose you could name him Napoleon? :D
Don't mean to make it harder for you, but I just thought that was kind of funny. ;) I am really glad to hear he's perked up so soon after his op though. :love: xxxx
(I also hope that all the nurses/vets still have all their digits! :shock: )

I don't know, Skunk doesn't seem disrespectful to me. Skunks can be funny, cute animals. Which is what I hope this one will turn out to be now that the hormones are turned off! :D
I did go online and look up synonyms for skunk though...just in case...and I got a few ideas that made me chuckle.

Wiki says this:
The word "polecat" (with "pole" from either the French poulet "chicken" or puant "stinking"), which in Europe refers to the wild relatives of the ferret, has been attested in the New World to refer to the skunk since the 1680s.[1] The word "squunck" is attested in New England in the 1630s, probably borrowed from Abenaki seganku[2] or another Algonquian language, with the Proto-Algonquian form */šeka:kwa/ being a compound of the roots */šek-/ meaning 'to urinate' and */-a:kw/ meaning 'fox'.
I have a fascination with how words come to be and I think in this case, "skunk" got off easy! :lol:

Skunks are crepuscular, as rabbits, and their young are also called kits. :)

In Spanish the name for skunk is "Zorrillo".

At the top of the article, there is the scientific term for skunk, "Mephitidae" and then right after that a reference; (in part, see text)
Bonaparte, 1845
So my mind went off on a tangent and thought...there was a little stinker for sure...I suppose you could name him Napoleon? :D
Don't mean to make it harder for you, but I just thought that was kind of funny. ;) I am really glad to hear he's perked up so soon after his op though. :love: xxxx
(I also hope that all the nurses/vets still have all their digits! :shock: )

:love: Thank you so much, that's lovely. Skunk does just seem cheeky rather than disrespectful after reading that.

Nurses and vets intact. As the nurse (name withheld!) was letting me out she said I should call him 'Nigel' (after FHB's husband, her boss)... given that he is grey and grumpy! :lol::lol: I'm sure Nigel H-B would be just delighted to have a grumpy, bity rabbit named after him!

I seem to have a mixture of names.

I've got human names like Theo and Rudy, Barnaby but also Dinky, Binky etc. For some reason I tend to go for the first few letters of the alphabet more than any other but I've been banned from initial 'E' as they are the stasis bunnies :oops:

we have:

Anarchy
Barnaby, Benji, Betsy, Binky
Dinky
Eloise, Elijah, Erin, Esme
Gracie

Rudy
Theo, Tinkerbell

Oh, and I adopted him in memory of Little Dot who was a magpie harlequin mini lop of similar build to him, if I could somehow honour her in the name it was be even better.

Didn't realise you had so many rabbits! :shock: :love: Need photos of them all :p

Hope naughty bun gets a name soon!

Didn't realise you had so many rabbits! :shock: :love: Need photos of them all :p

Hope naughty bun gets a name soon!

Not sure how that happened :shock: I had 6 when I took on Binky and Shadow and said 6 was definitely my maximum... then I said 8 was :lol:

I really need to take some photographs, I realise the only photos I have of Dinky are of the week after I got her 2 years 4 months ago, she's really precious to me and at least 7 years old, I need to get some good photos/videos of her.

Last edited:
Little Skunk is a fabulous name; very original and cheeky in a cutsie sort of way :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back