• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating, but not at normal rate/he's gone

I used to find that if one of my buns was in stasis overnight, nothing was likely to happen (ie poo-wise) till about 5 am or so, but it wasn't always the case. I guess what I mean is, try not to panic too much if you don't get results straightaway.

He's looking worse. I've syringes water in to him, the bio lapis and some critical care... No poos and he's grnding his teeth :cry:

Still no improvement, I think he's gone down hill. I fear I might lose him :cry: phoned emergency vets back and they said see how he is in 3 hours if no improvement to bring him in to be put on a drip :cry:

Still no real change. Taking him back to the vets at 10 to be admitted for fluids. I've been up all night, no sleep at all and I look like death :cry:

Poor Eclipse :cry:

I would not administer anything but water orally now till he is reassessed by the Vet. Put him on a heatpad too as he wont be able to maintain his body temperature and is at risk of becoming hypothermic.

Sending vibes for him xx

I'm getting a lift to the emergency vet in a min as I fear he won't make it til 10he can no longer lift his head up I'm shaking :cry:

it's really not good news, he's at the vets now and she doesn't think he will last until tomorow. He's having fluid treatment, pain relief and starting a 28 day course of panacur. He was colapsing all over the place. I'm gutted and broke down crying in the vets. he's in the best place now though. :cry:

:cry::cry: Just caught up with this :( Sending millions of vibes for poor Eclipse I will be thinking of him and you all day. Try and get some sleep and keep the phone beside you. There is no more you can do, its up to the vets and Eclipse now.

Come on Eclipse you can pull through, you have to for your mummy xxxxxx

:shock::shock::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Oh gosh im so sorry :cry: I was hoping he would pull through, im so so so sorry :cry: Sending you tons of hugs xxx

Hi

I'm so sorry to hear about Eclipse.

He looks a real beauty in the pic and he was lucky to have had an owner who loved him very much.

Nicki x

Back