• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Maple

That's a really good update, I'm glad she is feeling better and hope she is home asap tomorrow xx

Only just caught up with RU for today. So glad Maple is improving Loobers. It's good she is with a bunny savvy vet.

Sending lots and lots of vibes that she continues to recover and is home with you tomorrow. I'm glad Dennis is with her too :love:

I have another update. They are not happy for her to come home this morning. She is eating but not as much as Dennis. Dennis is having a good time eating everything. She is still passing a lot of poo but she is being very aggressive. The vet is unsure if this is because of discomfort still or being away from home so they want to keep an eye on her a little bit more. To be honest Maple has never need treatment at the vets so I honestly don’t know how she would be. If she is aggressive to us at home that would be pain as that’s not Syrup. She’s had a blockage so am I right in thinking she will be in discomfort for a few days after?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to Asda this morning to get all her favourite greens and I bought two new bowls to feed them with. I usually scatter forage and food but I will need to keep an eye on exactly how much she is eating. She is a very lucky girl and a strong bun.

Aggression is a sign of pain, so if shes aggressive at home I'd say its a good indication shes still in some discomfort.

I'd say following a blockage there will be some abdominal discomfort for a few days as the intestines etc would have been stretched/bruised.

Fingers crossed she can come home tonight and enjoy their bowls together. Topping up the vibes.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Personally I think she will do better at home now, especially as she has good poo output. I assume the Vet will have done another examination of her abdomen ? I expect she is more stressed than in pain at this stage.

Topping up the vibes for her x

Personally I think she will do better at home now, especially as she has good poo output. I assume the Vet will have done another examination of her abdomen ? I expect she is more stressed than in pain at this stage.

Topping up the vibes for her x

They said it’s feels ok to the touch but she is really growling when they do it which is why they are worried it might be that she is in a lot of pain xx

They said it’s feels ok to the touch but she is really growling when they do it which is why they are worried it might be that she is in a lot of pain xx

Well, they are the experts so you can rest assured that they are giving you good advice.

I expect her tummy will still be tender, poor girlie xx

loads of vibes for understandably grumpy Syrup. I hope she can come home soon. She's done so well. Little Dennis :love: offering her encouragement to eat by non stop filling his face, its good to think he is coping well

loads of vibes for understandably grumpy Syrup. I hope she can come home soon. She's done so well. Little Dennis :love: offering her encouragement to eat by non stop filling his face, its good to think he is coping well

I am very blessed to have Dennis because he is so chilled. He has a high viz jacket that says Support Bun and everything.

Back