• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Boobly Bear please

Sorry you've had that happen to your bank account, I had it happen to me a good few years ago, it's a horrible feeling 😥 glad to hear Boo is nomming the hay, good girl Boobly xx

Got home at usual time & brought Boo downstairs ....but then didn't feed her nuggets as usual (as was on phone to bank for ages -someone has fraudulently sent up some payment account & 1st debit of 75 left my account)

Anyway after begging for nuggets several times she went off to her soft hay pile & has eaten fair amount. Makes me think she isn't eating hay as so much nice food on offer (Eddy manages both🤣)....so I'm going to hold off wet food for a few hours & see if she'll drink...not risking any longer than that though
Good girl Boo for eating hay again. Sorry about your bank scam j&b. Scummy people.

thanks petsmum & omi. Hopefully she'll sustain this hay eating. May have to buy some haybox soft Yeah the bank thing is annoying & inconvenient.

Barrie and Chibbs are also packing their bags for a visit!

Chibbs seems to be suffering from a bit of weight loss, nothing too concerning given the time of year, and it's not OMG WTH like it was with Barrie, a sudden drop, she's just lost condition more than anything, and maybe it's more noticeable since she moulted what seems like 90% of her fur :ROFLMAO: She doesn't like that Barrie gets porridge every morning but is usually happy to eat her bag of crisps (dried apple leaves) then go outside to see what's more interesting, although at weekends she's on the windowsill already so Matt has to actually keep an eye on her ;P Might be well enough to forage for them on the way home today.
Sending positive vibes that the weight loss was from the huge moult and will stop.

That's great that Boo ate a fair amount of hay when she couldn't get her nuggest fast enough. It does sound like she might just be preferring the nice buffet you've made for her. I hope holding off on the wet mood made her drink something.

I'm really sorry about the bank trouble, too.

Re your Bank issue. I expect that you already have, but I would request that your bank cancels your current card and sues you with a new one. Your bank should also put a marker on your account so the bank fraud department monitor transactions extra closely. If you use online banking change your passwords/pass codes and check transactions on your account every day.

I was scammed last year and even though I got my money back it still left me feeling very unsettled. So you have my empathy.

Eurgh, fraud is such a PITA. I had some attempted transactions on my creift card so I've just had to have that reissued. When they call me I'm always on edge for THEM to be the scammers!

What you said about Eddy managing both: mine too! I keep getting worried I'm overdoing the pellets, they've never been on a whole scoop each for the whole winter into forage season! But they're still in the litter trays scoffing hay (and a bit of readigrass). I certainly don't feel guilty about leaving lots of nice food around for both of them, poor elderlies. They're even on the really expensive hay although I'd prefer it if they (well, Barrie) didn't sit on the hayrack and wee on it >( Both mine are still active monsters, they'll jump 3' from a litter tray onto the windowsill, although dismounts are a lot more calculated these days :)

Thanks all. Bank put money back in my account next day. Just frustrating I don't know how its happened & the bank not too forthcoming

Boo is doing the same really! Eddy suddenly developed a taste for soft hay & has eaten all that. how supportive 🤣 So yesterday I did a nice big Haybox order. Got a bale of soft, then I saw they started doing orchard so got a bale of that too & some hay cookies . I hope Boo likes them & it will be fun to see what Eddy thinks. Idon't think I've bothered trying him & Boo on much variety in the hay dept as they were doing so well on regular stalky. Don't think the poor boy has tried a hay cookie either

I'm glad your bank issues have been resolved. That does sound frustrating that you don't know how it happened and that the bank isn't telling you much, though.

Oh, Eddy. 🤣 I hope they'll both enjoy the hay cookies. That'll be exciting to give Eddy one for the first time.

Thanks Reader....yeah I definitely got the excited about new hay feeling...in the past the buns haven't exactly got excited with me though 🤣 or if they have they've hidden it well

I know what that's like. 🤣 Whenever I get new hay, I'm like, 'Maybe this time they'll really love it and they'll eat loads of it!', and then I give it to them and they're like, 'Great, more hay.' :cautious:🤣 Your post yesterday made me remember that they both used to like the Rosewood hay cookies, though, so I ordered them and they should be here today, so I hope they'll still like them!

Thanks all. Bank put money back in my account next day. Just frustrating I don't know how its happened & the bank not too forthcoming

Boo is doing the same really! Eddy suddenly developed a taste for soft hay & has eaten all that. how supportive 🤣 So yesterday I did a nice big Haybox order. Got a bale of soft, then I saw they started doing orchard so got a bale of that too & some hay cookies . I hope Boo likes them & it will be fun to see what Eddy thinks. Idon't think I've bothered trying him & Boo on much variety in the hay dept as they were doing so well on regular stalky. Don't think the poor boy has tried a hay cookie either
I am glad your bank issues were addressed quickly. Last week my spouse got a letter from the employer he was furloughed from more than two years ago that said their computer was compromised in August and someone got all his personal data. We were offered one free year of credit monitoring service and told of the steps we could take to freeze and monitor our accounts 😡.

Boo and Eddy are going to be very happy with your hay/hay cookie order! I am glad you found what they like and that Boo is eating tbe softer hay.
My lionhead bunnies eat most types of hay. However, Heidi and Raven are very particular about their hay. They prefer the softer premium hay.
I hope you can get some pictures to share when the bunnies get their new hay!!

I know what that's like. 🤣 Whenever I get new hay, I'm like, 'Maybe this time they'll really love it and they'll eat loads of it!', and then I give it to them and they're like, 'Great, more hay.' :cautious:🤣 Your post yesterday made me remember that they both used to like the Rosewood hay cookies, though, so I ordered them and they should be here today, so I hope they'll still like them!
Me too - I hope they enjoy their cookies

frustratingly I can see my hay box order through neighbours front door but they aren't in...also they told Bob they on hols for a week so i hope its not trapped there

I am glad your bank issues were addressed quickly. Last week my spouse got a letter from the employer he was furloughed from more than two years ago that said their computer was compromised in August and someone got all his personal data. We were offered one free year of credit monitoring service and told of the steps we could take to freeze and monitor our accounts 😡.

Boo and Eddy are going to be very happy with your hay/hay cookie order! I am glad you found what they like and that Boo is eating tbe softer hay.
My lionhead bunnies eat most types of hay. However, Heidi and Raven are very particular about their hay. They prefer the softer premium hay.
I hope you can get some pictures to share when the bunnies get their new hay!!
Gosh that's not good...but I guess at least they were honest. I hope nothing comes of it.

I hope they'll be happy. I want to get my hands on it ....now. So impatient

Me too - I hope they enjoy their cookies

frustratingly I can see my hay box order through neighbours front door but they aren't in...also they told Bob they on hols for a week so i hope its not trapped there
Thank you. Casper has been really enjoying them, and Sophie has nibbled a bit, too, so I think it was a good buy. Which is nice for me, because I bought two boxes to qualify for free shipping. 🤣

Ah, no, that is frustrating. I hope you'll get your box soon. You'd think they wouldn't accept a package for someone else if they weren't planning on staying around to make sure it gets to the right person quickly...

Thank you. Casper has been really enjoying them, and Sophie has nibbled a bit, too, so I think it was a good buy. Which is nice for me, because I bought two boxes to qualify for free shipping. 🤣

Ah, no, that is frustrating. I hope you'll get your box soon. You'd think they wouldn't accept a package for someone else if they weren't planning on staying around to make sure it gets to the right person quickly.
Panic averted. I got my order. Really pleased Casper loves his cookies & Sophies had a good nibble too

here you go BM, I'll try for better photos tomorrow

20240301_173846.jpg
their hay trough has timothy soft, timothy coarse the orchard so i can tell what they favour. So far Eddy likes the soft & Boo the orchard. Neither ate loads yet though

20240301_174952.jpg

• Love
Reactions: KCG
What an enormous box of goodies :D Will be a super box for them to play with too. I'm glad that Boo is eating hay again. I'll be interested to see if they like the hay cookies. Mine have never been very interested in them sadly.

Gosh that's not good...but I guess at least they were honest. I hope nothing comes of it.

I hope they'll be happy. I want to get my hands on it ....now. So impatient
We were hacked in the past yet I happened to notice it before the transactions posted to my bank account. Even with freezes and fraud alerts I was worried. Perhaps open a separate account, not linked to your normal one, to use for online purchases and fund it as needed.

Boo and Eddy are in bunny heaven with all that hay!!! I hope they eat lots!!!❤❤

Back