• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Boobly Bear please

Hi folks,
Thanks Jane - she is a brave & resilient old girl ❤️

BM - yes, I expect they were wanting cream & champagne too 🤣 Pleased you don't think I'm being mean denying Eddy

Reader ...yeah without hay its difficult...& as I type she is eating hay, first time I've seen it ❤️ I was just starting to chill with the hay too, learning to trust her judgement. Some foods (basil last night for instance) still make her drool though she is dry inbetween

Omi & Babsie - I'm out from 9-4-5pm so I've no real idea how she is til I've spent a while with her. Today my bus didn't come so I've not long been home. The little bit of hay she just had has to be a good sign❤️

Going to weigh them tonight - dreading Eddys most. Although she is having separate feeds I'm having to leave a lot of food out overnight & while I'm at work
The continuing to drool could be that her mouth is still uncomfortable. I agree starting to eat hay again has to be a good sign.

My sincere apologies for missing this thread and not posting. Firstly my sincere condolences to you for the loss of your father.
I am pleased Boo has made a recovery. She has such a special life with you and a unique connection. Sending all my vibes to her that she continues to recover. X

My sincere apologies for missing this thread and not posting. Firstly my sincere condolences to you for the loss of your father.
I am pleased Boo has made a recovery. She has such a special life with you and a unique connection. Sending all my vibes to her that she continues to recover. X
Aww please don't apologise Craig, absolutely no need, you've so much on your shoulders. Thank you for the kind words about & vibes for Boo

My bunnies never saw champagne in the house, so do not give them ideas! I have enough trouble denying them extra pellets when they give me their 'I am a very good bunny mommy and please can I have more? ' !ook. The two of them double team me 😂😂, yet I have to be firm to get their weight under control. I laugh because the one bunny who needs to gain weight, Raven, always has uneaten food pellets. I also feel liks s hypocrite because I would benefit from better nutrition too.

Yay, I'm so glad she's started eating hay again! That's a relief. Aww, look at her. She's so adorable. Nibbling and then snoozing next to her pile of hay. ❤️ I see their house is still standing, too! Do they still not use it much? It looks like such a nice, comfy house.

How's Boo?
She is ok I think Omi but she still doesn't want hay or water. I'm not terribly worried because her diet is a lot wetter than it would ordinarily be. She is also leaving a few cecos but that could be the penicillin. The happy news is she has finally put on a little bit of weight. She's got a good appetite. I Currently she is on moistened pellets, cabbage type things, herbs, pear, strawberry, watermelon, cucumber & lettuce, fresh grass, dried forage, dandelions, hawthorn twigs & dock....thats not even all of it 🤣 No wonder she doesn't want hay or water

She is ok I think Omi but she still doesn't want hay or water. I'm not terribly worried because her diet is a lot wetter than it would ordinarily be. She is also leaving a few cecos but that could be the penicillin. The happy news is she has finally put on a little bit of weight. She's got a good appetite. I Currently she is on moistened pellets, cabbage type things, herbs, pear, strawberry, watermelon, cucumber & lettuce, fresh grass, dried forage, dandelions, hawthorn twigs & dock....thats not even all of it 🤣 No wonder she doesn't want hay or water
Exactly! I am glad she is enjoying the perks of being an adorable little bunny and has managed to gain some weight. She is lucky you know her so well and got her to the vet so quickly! Though sorry her transportation cost so mych. Sending lots of positive vibes for Boo.

Last edited:
Currently she is on moistened pellets, cabbage type things, herbs, pear, strawberry, watermelon, cucumber & lettuce, fresh grass, dried forage, dandelions, hawthorn twigs & dock....

…….Roisin, Dara and JJ say they are on their way up, don’t eat it all Boo !…….

Yay, I'm so glad she's started eating hay again! That's a relief. Aww, look at her. She's so adorable. Nibbling and then snoozing next to her pile of hay. ❤️ I see their house is still standing, too! Do they still not use it much? It looks like such a nice, comfy house.
Sorry. i saw this then forgot to answer. Eddy likes to jump on top & sometimes goes in but he hasn't chewed it in ages. On top is his special place where I leave him the odd healthy treat. Boo can't get up there of course. It was a good buy

Sorry. i saw this then forgot to answer. Eddy likes to jump on top & sometimes goes in but he hasn't chewed it in ages. On top is his special place where I leave him the odd healthy treat. Boo can't get up there of course. It was a good buy
Aw, I'm glad he enjoys sitting on top of his house and eating his healthy treats. ❤️

Barrie and Chibbs are also packing their bags for a visit!

Chibbs seems to be suffering from a bit of weight loss, nothing too concerning given the time of year, and it's not OMG WTH like it was with Barrie, a sudden drop, she's just lost condition more than anything, and maybe it's more noticeable since she moulted what seems like 90% of her fur :ROFLMAO: She doesn't like that Barrie gets porridge every morning but is usually happy to eat her bag of crisps (dried apple leaves) then go outside to see what's more interesting, although at weekends she's on the windowsill already so Matt has to actually keep an eye on her ;P Might be well enough to forage for them on the way home today.

Barrie and Chibbs are also packing their bags for a visit!

Chibbs seems to be suffering from a bit of weight loss, nothing too concerning given the time of year, and it's not OMG WTH like it was with Barrie, a sudden drop, she's just lost condition more than anything, and maybe it's more noticeable since she moulted what seems like 90% of her fur :ROFLMAO: She doesn't like that Barrie gets porridge every morning but is usually happy to eat her bag of crisps (dried apple leaves) then go outside to see what's more interesting, although at weekends she's on the windowsill already so Matt has to actually keep an eye on her ;P Might be well enough to forage for them on the way home today.
Boo says love you Chibbs & Barrie - but not enough to share my lovely recovery treats so best unpack them bags 🤣

I hope you can get Chibbs back up to good condition. Nose bumps for Barrie - I hope he is managing as well as can be. I'm sure they'll love a fresh forage tea if you felt well enough

Got home at usual time & brought Boo downstairs ....but then didn't feed her nuggets as usual (as was on phone to bank for ages -someone has fraudulently sent up some payment account & 1st debit of 75 left my account)

Anyway after begging for nuggets several times she went off to her soft hay pile & has eaten fair amount. Makes me think she isn't eating hay as so much nice food on offer (Eddy manages both🤣)....so I'm going to hold off wet food for a few hours & see if she'll drink...not risking any longer than that though

Back