• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed for Mae, U/D post 95

Mae has been admitted again. The vet has said one more big push and then I might have to make the desicion :(
She is passing a dirroeha/muscous substance and is now on Anti Biotics and more painkillers

I'm so very sorry, thinking of you at this difficult time. :( How is Sebastian?

thankyou Susie
Sebastian is stressed, he went with her. Unfortunatly whilst we were waiting to see the vet two dogs started barking at each other, they could easily see I had rabbits and that I was upset, but instead of removing the dogs from the situation they just tried "sushing" them :roll:
Thankfully my vet and the receptionist are very good a rabbit savy so can offer me the advice I need

Oh dear, dogs were the last thing Sebastian needed at the moment.:( I won't be able to check for updates between 4-9pm today, but I'll be thinking about you. :wave:

Still passing diorreha and mucous, mainly mucous. The vet says if he hadnt seen her put all the weight on before he would tell me to PTS now, but he wants to keep going for a little longer. Should hear from them by 9.30 tomorow for another update

Mae seems pretty much the same this morning, the vet wants to keep her in a little longer so we dont go round and round in circles :) Still producing lots and lots of loose poo and mucous but the vet is keeping on top of it with plenty of fluids. She doesnt seem to be in as much pain as she has been and has been hopping around rather than sitting in a corner :thumb:
I can go and visit after 5 today :love:

This sounds like slightly better news. :) I work late on Tuesdays, but I'll be thinking of you and hope the visit is reassuring for you. How is Sebastian coping?

I still haven't quite got used to the sheer amount of poo a bunny produces overnight! :roll::lol:

:lol::lol: the vet was teling me about Mae and then said "your other rabbit, Sebastian, he's being producing alot of normal poo's " I wasnt sure if I should of said thankyou :lol:

Sending lots of vibes your way! and a whole bunch of vibes to Mae! (gorgeous name btw)

Sounds like she is putting up a real fight! I really hope she gets through this awful time and recovers well.

*hugs to you both*

Back