• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed for Mae, U/D post 95

Last night Mae ate a few basil leaves! but was still grinding her teeth, I managed to get 2 syringes into her at 7pm and only 1 at 10pm then I slept through so didnt get to check on them :( this morning she has taken barely half a syringe and refuses to eat any basil. Im waitin for the vets to open so we can go and sort her out

sending loads of vibes :cry: i fear bloat so much, stasis is bad enough, i really hope they can get her better xxxx

Been to the vets and he thinks it is Stasis :thumb: and is feeling fairly confident about her.
We've been given sub q fluids, pain killers, anti gassy stuff and another med. Mae has been chomping on some herbs!!!!!!! Sebastian on the other hand is in a grump and not eating unless I put it infront of him or hold it out too him :roll: he's quite stressed atm so Im taking things slowly with him. Feeling MUCH better about everything and hopfully she'll make it :D

Been to the vets and he thinks it is Stasis :thumb: and is feeling fairly confident about her.
We've been given sub q fluids, pain killers, anti gassy stuff and another med. Mae has been chomping on some herbs!!!!!!! Sebastian on the other hand is in a grump and not eating unless I put it infront of him or hold it out too him :roll: he's quite stressed atm so Im taking things slowly with him. Feeling MUCH better about everything and hopfully she'll make it :D

Sounds better news, very pleased for you. Come on Sebastian, eat your noms nicely. I only have one bunny but I suppose it is not unusual for a bunny to get upset if it's partner is ill. Sending top-up vibes for them both.

Sounds better news, very pleased for you. Come on Sebastian, eat your noms nicely. I only have one bunny but I suppose it is not unusual for a bunny to get upset if it's partner is ill. Sending top-up vibes for them both.

not sure but that makes sense :wave: he's being really sulky :roll:

not sure but that makes sense :wave: he's being really sulky :roll:

I know all about bunny sulks. The first time I gave Spenser greens that didn't include curly kale he tipped up the dish. :roll: I expect your little ones' bunny body-clocks might be a bit upset with all the goings-on, and Sebastian's grumps may be partly due to being over-tired.

I know all about bunny sulks. The first time I gave Spenser greens that didn't include curly kale he tipped up the dish. :roll: I expect your little ones' bunny body-clocks might be a bit upset with all the goings-on, and Sebastian's grumps may be partly due to being over-tired.

tell me about it! there is poop and pellets everywhere! I can hear the bowl clanging everytime he throws it :roll:

Goodness not your mae as well, i swear there is something in the air this week, please get well soon mae, sending loads of noserubs and vibes

gosh there must be something in the air!

Well Mae is still only taking minimal amounts of recovery food, managed to get a syringe into her just now but she is eating some herbs :thumb: she even went out to way to grab the one i'd left on the floor :lol:

Sebastian on the other hand is slightly worrying me (bloody typical!) He's just laying down, he does move just not very often (mind the crate isnt very big, will let him have some time out later on) he's not eating much, had some pellets (pigged almost a whole bowl last night :roll: ) and will eat herbs if I put them next to him. He's not reacting when I move my hand infront of his left eye :? and he's been leaving some of his special poo's. His breathing is also quite quick and his ears are fairly warm. Any ideas? Or do you think it is just stress?

Mae is eating a little for herself when her pain is under control, I have yet to work out how I can keep on top of it as I have been told to give her pain killers once a day and by dinner time she's grinding her teeth again :?

Sebastians still in a grump :roll:
Back to the vets tomorow!

Keep us posted, continuing to send vibes. :wave: Teeth-grinding is awful, isn't it, you feel so helpless. :( When I put Spenser back in the hutch after his visit to the emergency vet a few weeks ago, I thought he was nomming hay but in fact it was extrememly loud teeth-grinding. :cry: It stopped when I picked him up and took him into the house, but he remained very poorly for a couple of hours. Will they both be seeing the vet?

Keep us posted, continuing to send vibes. :wave: Teeth-grinding is awful, isn't it, you feel so helpless. :( When I put Spenser back in the hutch after his visit to the emergency vet a few weeks ago, I thought he was nomming hay but in fact it was extrememly loud teeth-grinding. :cry: It stopped when I picked him up and took him into the house, but he remained very poorly for a couple of hours. Will they both be seeing the vet?

Teeth grinding is one of the worst things I have heard :( bar her squeaking when we give her fluids :cry: Not sure if they will both be going to the vet's, Sebastian is very stressed but I am worried about how warm his ears are, I dont know what that means. They're moving into the conservatory today so we will see.

I don't know what warm ears mean either, I'm afraid. As they are such a loving couple it might be best to take them together tomorrow, especailly as you are not sure if Sebastian is ill or just a bit stressed and grumpy.

Back