• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Aoife- U/D 17th Sept 2023- She’s Gone :-(

InspectorMorse

Wise Old Thumper
She has had two seizures since about 11pm :cry: Second one worse than first

Had diazepam spansule and is settled now, but very flat, not eating

Will update when I can, we suspect EC so has already been started on fenbendazole without waiting for blood test confirmation.

Will update when I can

:cry:

Last edited:
I just saw this. Poor girlie. It must have been so scary for both of you.
I am glad she is stable and am sending vibes she will improve quickly. Hugs.

Oh, poor Aoife :( I'm sorry, Jane. Seizures are always terrifying. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and hope the medicine helps her quickly. Lots of gentle hugs coming your way. xxxxx

Thanks everyone. Our Vet wants me to just keep Aoife as quiet as possible today and in a darkened environment. She is choosing to remain in her tunnel, which is dark. She is eating anything I offer her and has had poo output too. I am also offering her water, which she is accepting. It’s fortunate that she is being so co-operative at the moment as due to a recent severe deterioration in my spinal condition I would struggle to pick up a 5.2kg Rabbit.

I'm pleased that she's feeling more secure in her tunnel and also that she's being co-operative. Well done lovely Aoife :love:

Aoife has been sleeping most of the time. But she will eat any food that I offer her and she is pooping. I have been advised to give her some Metacam to address any inflammation that might be going on in her CNS. Also, her chronic eye problem has really flared up, despite being on her usual treatment. Her poor eyes look so sore :cry: Hopefully the Metacam will help a little to reduce some of the discomfort x

Poor Aoife :( I hope the Metacam takes away some of the discomfort from her poorly eyes.

Sending you both a lot more positive vibes. It is good she is still eating and pooping. Sorry her eyes are sore again. Hugs.

Ah bless her. So glad that she is still eating and pooing. Hope her meds bring much needed relief. Vibes to you both.

Back