• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D on April - she's gone

so very sorry to hear this. i lost my bunny Jasmine last year to bloat. She had an op to remove the blockage but died a few hours later. It sounds like passing away was kinder for your bunny as you may have had to put her through an op.
binky free April xx

so very sorry to hear this. i lost my bunny Jasmine last year to bloat. She had an op to remove the blockage but died a few hours later. It sounds like passing away was kinder for your bunny as you may have had to put her through an op.
binky free April xx

Thank you, yes, my vet was really reluctant to go down the op route for that reason. She'd have done it if necessary, but wasn't optimistic about the chances.

Sorry to hear about Jasmine too. :cry: It's a horrible condition.

I have just come on line for an update,Im so sorry Nicky,you did everything you could for your beautiful girl.Big hugs to you sweet heart xxxxx.Sleep tight beautiful April xxx

One of our Australian members Lobo had a bunny who had to have surgery to remove a blockage in his stomach and he survived. He apparently had a very skilled surgeon and the vet nursed the rabbit at home!! It took 14 days of intensive nursing but the litte bunny survived and lived another 3 years! he was 6 when he had the op! Unfortunately he's the only one I know of :(

ETA I hope you're not doing the 'what if' thing! After Dudleys scare I have now made the decision that it is not something I would put my bunnies through, even if it was a last resort! They are too fragile. I would rather they lived a good life for as long as they could and if this awful bloat/blockage thing takes hold of them I'd let them go peacefully at home rather than on an operating table! I know April will have had a wonderful time living with you and your bunnies in your meadow of a garden, you did all that you could, but it was her time.

Last edited:
Back