• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D on April - she's gone

She's going to ring me...

What was the obstruction and was the bun concerned able to pass large droppings/any at all?

She passed some poos in the first 48 hours but that eventually stopped. Her stomach became more and more bloated and an Xray revealed that her stomach wasn't emptying. Surgery was attempted and the pylorus was completely obstructed with food/hair and very inflammed. She survived the op' but passed away about 8 hours later :cry:

I wish I'd pushed harder for an Xray at the outset. I cant say that it would have made a difference, but I believe she may have stood more of a chance if surgery (which was her only hope) had been attempted sooner. By the time it was done she was just too 'toxic' :cry:

Okay - bearing that in mind I'll go for the X ray tomorrow, UNLESS we get the new prescription and it makes a huge difference overnight...

Sorry for your loss :cry:

I'm hoping that for April the fact that there was a big improvement suggests it's not a blockage..

Went upstairs to feed her and found she'd passed away... :cry::cry::cry:

Oh I am so very sorry but really not surprised.
TBH it would have been a miracle for her to survive such a severe bloat.
You did absolutely everything you could for her.

RIP April, pain free now xx

Oh no Im so sorry :cry: From your pictures it did look like a really bad case of bloat, poor little bun and hugs for you Binky free April x

Thank you everyone, for your kind words and for all the advice while she was ill. Have posted on RB. :cry::cry::cry:

Just spoke to the vet and she said that it must have been whatever was causing the bloat that did it as the bloat was under control. She suspects that it was a growth or blockage. Either way the prognosis would not have been good but this has been very unexpected. Poor April :cry:

Back