• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Slowing Down u/d he’s gone

Thank you all so much. I’m glad he’s not in pain any longer - could see he’d had enough - but will miss him lots. His wifey seems ok so far. I think perhaps she understood yesterday that it was nearly time. Keeping a close eye on her and in time will look for a rescue husbun for her.

I am so sorry they could not control his pain and you had to free him from it the only way you could. Sending vibes to you and his bunwife.
Big hugs.

Thank you all. I can’t believe he’s gone. I was glad we could stop his suffering but I keep wondering how he felt. I know he was ready to go, I know we did all we could but it’s so hard not to second guess.

Thank you all. I can’t believe he’s gone. I was glad we could stop his suffering but I keep wondering how he felt. I know he was ready to go, I know we did all we could but it’s so hard not to second guess.

I think most of us will always question whether we have done the right thing. Even though deep down we know that we have. You put your boy’s needs first, even though letting him go has been so awful for you :cry:

Thank you all so much, and you're right of course IM and bm, we had to love him enough to let him go. There's a lovely song by Coldplay/Selena Gomez about that :love:

Back