• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cecothrophs pellets and greens questions rabbits

Thanks so much for your very welcome post and praise.
Re my getting on top of the cecothrophs issue. I do need to remind myself that something is going right for Cole. I really appreciate such a positive input from you.So well dome you! And thank you.
I wasn’t making light of it though, it just became overshadowed, feeling swamped with the worry concerning costs.
i did ask about a payment plan after your suggestion and yes they can do that. Though it’s on the basis that I give them instalments before they’d treat her. I am hoping against hope that my email to their last owner about contributing towards the costs bears fruit but won’t hold my breath.
Thanks also for breaking down into steps the process I’ll need to go through. It does help to make it feel much more manageable.
re Timothy hay,I laughed when you wrote about me spoiling them but yes it’s true I just felt I was depriving them of pellets and should somehow compensate.I’ll look into the hay link. I’d like to continue sprinkling a little readigrass on top of their hay as it seems to encourage them to root around in the hay and eat more.
Cole is grooming more. and I think her fur is looking better.
Tomorrow I’ll do the regular bum check for her and Smudge, plus an ear swelling check for her.

Hi thanks very much with your advice about prioritising.
I asked the vet practice for cost estimates, partly for myself but also to show the previous owner, as back up the MH
I sent her, as evidence/ proof of the verbal estimate the vet had given me.
These estimates have now arrived (which Im delaying looking at !) . The accompanying letter notes that the bloods and dental are time sensitive

PS re the cecothrophs. Unfortunately I found a few, thankfully just a few this morning and I’m working on the possibility it's because I increased the amount of brambles she had had yesterday. So ive reduced it back down again today. I checked her bum which is pretty clean.

Back