• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D: Me and my sister caught a stray bun!!

That's why he was caught, but he does have a wildie shape and physique. But his behaviour completely goes against everything that a domestic would be.

Please could you describe to me the way he acts? What my sister described sounded like Beano and Gordon but I can't really tell without seeing bun but he's not there at the moment, really hoping he returns.

Please could you describe to me the way he acts? What my sister described sounded like Beano and Gordon but I can't really tell without seeing bun but he's not there at the moment, really hoping he returns.

He's fast. I've never seen a bunny move as fast. As he darts. He is low and long (which you do often see in domestics). He will freeze or run really fast when threatened. He doesn't like gallop away, or run just out of reach, he runs and he will find a corner to hide in at any sign of a threat (or perceived threat).

I reckon if you catch him you'll have a far better idea.

My sister is coming to pick me up, I'm going to help her set up a shelter and try and see if buns there. I'm lucky to have a sister like her, she can't stop thinking of bun bless her. Any tips? I'm going to take hay, food, box??

how come he was never released? :)

Because by the time he was caught and moved to the Rescue Centre no one realised what he was. It was only once he had been there and they couldn't cope with him that they contacted me and asked me to take him that I realised what he was. By then it was too late to release him because he would never have been accepted back in the warren and would have just ended up alone and rejected and exceptionally traumatised.

I was his last hope, which is why I took him on. I won him over and he's happy. It's not the life he should have had, or deserved, but he is happy, has a wifey and has also outlived what he would have done in the wild.

By choice he would never have been caught, but once he had there was little that could be done to rectify it after him being in captivity.

My sister is coming to pick me up, I'm going to help her set up a shelter and try and see if buns there. I'm lucky to have a sister like her, she can't stop thinking of bun bless her. Any tips? I'm going to take hay, food, box??

Take rabbit poo. Also, take a net if you can, like a big one to catch him in.

We have him! He recognised the sound of pellet bag rustling and was eating pellets off my sisters hand, I picked him up fairly easily. He seems very calm and friendly, asked round but no one has clamped him. More info later as I'm at my sisters house.

He's fast. I've never seen a bunny move as fast. As he darts. He is low and long (which you do often see in domestics). He will freeze or run really fast when threatened. He doesn't like gallop away, or run just out of reach, he runs and he will find a corner to hide in at any sign of a threat (or perceived threat).

I reckon if you catch him you'll have a far better idea.

Sounds exactly like my Louie!

I'll put more pics on when I get home, hes currently in my sisters kitchen in a cage I have lent her having a good wash and nosey!! He ate pellets and drank as soon as offered from our hands. He's got huge ears and feet and is very thin. He's also eatan hay. Oh and he's deffinately a boy!! We've been round and asked everyone and someone said they almost ran him over yesterday but no one else knows him, no posters and I'll ring vets tomorrow.

Hes just had a huge drink!! And is tucking into hay. My sister and brother in law already are taken by him ;) And keep calling him Harry or Horratio!! He looks very like a hare.

Because by the time he was caught and moved to the Rescue Centre no one realised what he was. It was only once he had been there and they couldn't cope with him that they contacted me and asked me to take him that I realised what he was. By then it was too late to release him because he would never have been accepted back in the warren and would have just ended up alone and rejected and exceptionally traumatised.

I was his last hope, which is why I took him on. I won him over and he's happy. It's not the life he should have had, or deserved, but he is happy, has a wifey and has also outlived what he would have done in the wild.

By choice he would never have been caught, but once he had there was little that could be done to rectify it after him being in captivity.

aww bless him, thank goodness he's with you then. :D

Well done Liz, you & your sister are to be congratulated.

He sounds like a lovely boy :love: Looking forward to piccies :love:

Be careful when asking around about him as you may attract the wrong sort of people :evil: Do not provide a description of him. Just ask if anyone has lost a rabbit and then let them describe him to you ;) If anyone claims to be his owner go and look at their accommodation before handing him over :)

ETA: you must ensure you change your clothes & wash before handling B&G. He may appear healthy (other than being thin) but you don't know what he might be carrying.

Last edited:
Thankyou :) Yep I told them that incase some one said he was there's just to get a free rabbit, my brother in law went round saying we've found a rabbit, everyone said they didn't know of anyone who's lost one, one person said they saw him yesterday and almost ran him over (never bothered to stop to see if he was a pet rabbit though :() and one person said:

'Oh if it's got big ears it's the persons down the road *gives directions*

Brother in law: 'I think we've found your rabbit??'

Lady: Oh yeah! Big ears?'

Brother in law 'Yes! Any other description?'

Lady: Lop, big ears that trail on the ground?'

Brother in law: 'No sorry, this is an uppy eared bun.'

Another lost rabbit :cry: That apparently gets out all the time and goes round the block :evil: :cry:

Will just upload some more pics of bun, now being called Horatio!!

Oh yes, got in and got washed and changed. Can't risk and Beano and Gordon catching anything and was concerned about reffered agression through smell?? I told my sister and brother in law to wash hands well too and be careful around 2 year old nephew.

Thankyou :) Yep I told them that incase some one said he was there's just to get a free rabbit, my brother in law went round saying we've found a rabbit, everyone said they didn't know of anyone who's lost one, one person said they saw him yesterday and almost ran him over (never bothered to stop to see if he was a pet rabbit though :() and one person said:

'Oh if it's got big ears it's the persons down the road *gives directions*

Brother in law: 'I think we've found your rabbit??'

Lady: Oh yeah! Big ears?'

Brother in law 'Yes! Any other description?'

Lady: Lop, big ears that trail on the ground?'

Brother in law: 'No sorry, this is an uppy eared bun.'

Another lost rabbit :cry: That apparently gets out all the time and goes round the block :evil: :cry:

Will just upload some more pics of bun, now being called Horatio!!

aww poor bun and s'pose poor owner too thinking her bun had been found? :(

Looking forward to pics :D xx

Back