• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Off to vet with Bracken. Some spare vibes please. Admitted again 8th June.

Just have to wait and see if the poops are round later. He looks more settled, lets hope he's got rid of everything. Thank you for all the vibes and sympathetic ears. I'm going to leave him alone now, if he's not tired, I'm absolutely shattered.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I hope it's going to be onwards and upwards now :)

I am sure you're shattered - I was wondering how much rest you've been able to get.

I shall be having a good sleep tonight. Bracken's so much better. The tooth grinding has stopped. He's taking pellets out of his dish and he's drinking from his bowl. There are droppings in his tray, still a bit elongated but they're coming more regularly, he's chewing on the hay and lying down and closing his eyes, he looks to be really enjoying the hay. I'm so grateful to my vets for their immediate help. I'm lucky that they deal with exotics which such knowledge. Thank you again everyone who showed concern and gave me courage to keep going.

I shall be having a good sleep tonight. Bracken's so much better. The tooth grinding has stopped. He's taking pellets out of his dish and he's drinking from his bowl. There are droppings in his tray, still a bit elongated but they're coming more regularly, he's chewing on the hay and lying down and closing his eyes, he looks to be really enjoying the hay. I'm so grateful to my vets for their immediate help. I'm lucky that they deal with exotics which such knowledge. Thank you again everyone who showed concern and gave me courage to keep going.

So nice to hear this :)

I hope you'll be eating and drinking this evening with less stress too, Fluffybunny :)

That's brilliant news, well done Bracken, and well done you ! Hope you get a really good nights sleep tonight xxx

Good morning all, Bracken's eating well, still has stringy poops, so we'll dose with Zantac and Metacam because as his tummy moves it appears to still hurt a bit.

Good morning. I've been catching up on my sleep. I just go out like a light. Bracken's so much better. The poops are now round but still strung together. I'm still giving Zantac and Metacam, once a day. He still grinds his teeth occasionally, but not as much. He's eating well and I'm brushing him as he is moulting a lot. It looks like just fur in the poops and no more softened card or paper. He's very happy and I'm feeling better about him.

Good morning. I've been catching up on my sleep. I just go out like a light. Bracken's so much better. The poops are now round but still strung together. I'm still giving Zantac and Metacam, once a day. He still grinds his teeth occasionally, but not as much. He's eating well and I'm brushing him as he is moulting a lot. It looks like just fur in the poops and no more softened card or paper. He's very happy and I'm feeling better about him.

It sounds as though he's on the home straight to a full recovery now :D

I'm glad you've been able to catch up on sleep.

I'm glad that Bracken's so well - it sounds like you're on the home straight at last :)

Back