• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven needs vibes, falling, circling update March 11

It is a good thing, though it mames it hard to syringe feed him and he needs syringe feeds to maintain his weigh and strength. He eats some items on his own, yet not enough.
Oh, I'm glad, then! It does sound like it makes syringe feeding difficult, though, but I'm glad he feels strong enough to dance around like that. ❤️ I hope you can still manage to get his syringe feed into him.

Oh, I'm glad, then! It does sound like it makes syringe feeding difficult, though, but I'm glad he feels strong enough to dance around like that. ❤️ I hope you can still manage to get his syringe feed into him.
I am glad he is getting stronger and eating and drinking just enough on his own to keep his gut moving without syringe feeds for a couple days when I will be staying overnight at hospital following my total knee replacement. I expect to have a hectic Monday morning getting meds, fluids and syringe feeds done once more before we leave early for my surgery. I did not stay overnight last year; yet, like little Raven, I do not do well with ga. I have visions of spouse smuggling Raven and Heidi to my hospital bed for their medical care.😂 Raven would pee in protest and I would be blamed. Then Heidi's snuggly warmth would have the nurse thinking I was spiking a fever!😂

Gosh, you'll certainly be very busy Monday morning! Since you have trouble with GA, staying overnight sounds like a good idea, though maybe not if it leads to your spouse smuggling in Raven and Heidi and Raven peeing on your bed. 😂 At least snuggling with Heidi would be nice and comforting, even if it would make the nurse think you have a fever. 🤣

Gosh, you'll certainly be very busy Monday morning! Since you have trouble with GA, staying overnight sounds like a good idea, though maybe not if it leads to your spouse smuggling in Raven and Heidi and Raven peeing on your bed. 😂 At least snuggling with Heidi would be nice and comforting, even if it would make the nurse think you have a fever. 🤣
We may be able to avoid bunny smuggling. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Today I was told my arrival time for surgery and the stars aligned in my favor because my morning arrival time is not as early as it was last time; so I will have a little time to get Heidi and Raven medicated, and to get a final syringe feed and fluid in Raven before we leave the house.

We may be able to avoid bunny smuggling. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Today I was told my arrival time for surgery and the stars aligned in my favor because my morning arrival time is not as early as it was last time; so I will have a little time to get Heidi and Raven medicated, and to get a final syringe feed and fluid in Raven before we leave the house.
You see? Things are getting better already. 🥰
Years ago when I went into hospital overnight for a burst kidney, the worst part of it was having to leave my precious Jenna when we had, to that point, never been separated. She had to curl up with and be comforted by my daughter and also there were 3 bunnies and 3 cats to be tended. One cat spent the night searching for me, yowling. I don't think there was much rest in the house. 🙄
I always feared ever having to do such a thing again. Leaving the small furries is the most difficult for me!

A stroppy bunny is a healing bunny. Hoping Raven will go from strength to strength and not need the syringe feeds soon. xxxxx

You see? Things are getting better already. 🥰
Years ago when I went into hospital overnight for a burst kidney, the worst part of it was having to leave my precious Jenna when we had, to that point, never been separated. She had to curl up with and be comforted by my daughter and also there were 3 bunnies and 3 cats to be tended. One cat spent the night searching for me, yowling. I don't think there was much rest in the house. 🙄
I always feared ever having to do such a thing again. Leaving the small furries is the most difficult for me!

A stroppy bunny is a healing bunny. Hoping Raven will go from strength to strength and not need the syringe feeds soon. xxxxx
Thank you for your words of comfort. Sorry you had that awful experience.

Oh, that's great! Hopefully no bunny smuggling will be necessary, then! 🤣

Raven fell over yesterday evening and got up himself, so it was not until the evening when I saw his head tracking that I knew he was falling over again. He was still on Baytril and will remain on it until I can speak to vet after I come home after my surgery. I hope the Baytril will slow any relapse until I can speak to vet about another abx.

Last edited:
Oh, no, I'm so sorry the Baytril doesn't seem to be helping him get better anymore and that he's falling over again. :( I'm sending him lots of vibes, and hope he can stay mostly stable until you can speak to his vet.

Back