• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven needs vibes, falling, circling update March 11

Thank you friends,
Raven has times he seems to be coping better and then a short time later he is as wobbly as ever and he falls over. He is better than he was at his worst, yet not making progress either. I am glad he is not easily stressed and he tolerates a lot if hands on care.
On Monday I will call the vet for the other abx and hope it can be filled the same day.

Thinking of you and both Raven and Heidi. Whilst he is not making progress, Raven sounds as though he is content and comfortable. Hoping that the alternative abx will help.

I just read the updates and I'm really saddened. Sending lots of vibes for you, Raven and Heidi ☹️☹️🩷🩷🩷

I'm sorry the abx aren't having the desired effect. 😥
I eventually gave Mimzy a space completely free of encumbrances. I think I used newspaper litter underneath a hay pile (he loved to pee/poo on hay) for a spot to eliminate and put all this on top of wee pads and old towels. He kept his messes to this area, but didn't need a "box" to clamber in and out of especially as his arthritis took over. I did a lot of laundry, needless to say but the wee pads took most of his urine.
Vibes and prayers on the way for Raven's condition to improve. xxxxx

Omi, KCG, Mimz Mum, and Raven's friends,

I was prepared to ask vet for different abx Monday morning, then Raven seemed to improve Sunday evening. He was falling over less often and sometimes he managed to get himself up again At first I thought he was just getting used to his balance because he was putting his right leg and left arm out to opposite sides. Then I saw he did not have the eye movements anymore. Monday morning he was stable. I called vet to ask if we should change abx or continue on Baytril longer. When I was at my doctor appointment the vet office left a message that I should keep him on current abx another week to see if he can get more improvement. If not, or if he gets worse we will change the abx.
Raven has a long way to go, so he and I are asking for vibes.

This sounds very promising. 🙂

Mimzy's road to recovery was fraught with setbacks and took no less than 6 months from primary infection to where he got back to 'normal' life, but I recall his improvements were fixed by the year's end. I think I've mentioned he lived with some residual tilt.

If I remember correctly, e.c. is very gram specific, it sometimes takes quite a few rounds with the right abx to get it under control.

Bunnies can be amazingly resilient. Raven sounds like one of these. 🥰

All in all it's very promising, I'm sending lots of vibes for little Raven 🩷🩷🩷🩷

Still thinking of you, Raven and Heidi. Raven obviously has a very strong will to get better. Super little bunny ❤️

Glad Raven is doing well and showing a little improvement, lots of vibes for that to continue. Keep it going Raven x

I'm so glad the Baytril seems to be helping and that little Raven is stable right now. I'm sending him lots and lots more vibes and wishing for further improvement. ❤️

Raven and I thank all of you. He remained on his feet today, though still curving to his right. Last night he was back to doing his bunny 'dancing' as I was trying to syringe feed him. He was using his rear legs to kick the bed and he would rebound on the bed as I w was holding him trying to syringe feed him.

Raven and I thank all of you. He remained on his feet today, though still curving to his right. Last night he was back to doing his bunny 'dancing' as I was trying to syringe feed him. He was using his rear legs to kick the bed and he would rebound on the bed as I w was holding him trying to syringe feed him.
Sounds as though he has a bit more power in his hind legs maybe. I hope so x

Back