• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My heart is starting to hurt :(

I would love to keep him but i just can't :cry: he is lonely and needs loads of love and company. Do you not like his name? He was already called Barney when i adopted him, i kept it because it suited him. My ex OH was upset when i told him that Barney won't be Barney any more :( x

:cry::cry::cry::cry: did the original rescue not want him back when you contacted them about him? i cannot imagine how hard this has been for you.

I was lucky i only had to make the decision and Holly was taken back by who she came from, having to search for a place to send her and alvin to would of pushed me over the edge :cry::cry::cry:

sending loads of virtual hugs to you, i cried for two months solid when i did it xxxxxxxx

:cry::cry::cry::cry: did the original rescue not want him back when you contacted them about him? i cannot imagine how hard this has been for you.

I was lucky i only had to make the decision and Holly was taken back by who she came from, having to search for a place to send her and alvin to would of pushed me over the edge :cry::cry::cry:

sending loads of virtual hugs to you, i cried for two months solid when i did it xxxxxxxx

I spoke to the original rescue myself as I knew them and we came to an agreement that Barney would be happier here

Blimey just seen the other posts. I feel like I am being made to be bad for taking him now :cry:. Jo has been pushing and pushing for him to come here and we are doing our very best to help him despite being way over our numbers.

I didn't realise the possibility of a name change was such a big issue as it was one he was given in rescue not one Jo had specifically chosen. We usually change rescue names as it is a fresh start for rabbits when they come here. We have also had a Barney in the past. Nothing has actually been decided. But surely it is more important that he is getting the right care and medical treatment :?

Nooooo Liz don't feel bad!!!!! :shock: definitely not intended!!!!! Of course it isn't a big deal, his care is far more important. It was just unexpected that's all. You have been and are being amazing by taking Barney and i will be forever grateful to you. I am so sorry if i said anything that's offended :( xxx

Ive not even mentioned to you or posted on here about changing his name. I think I made a passing comment on fb about all the new arrivals quite a while back.

It was something I was going to speak to you about tomorrow once we had met him and you. So we could come to a possible agreement.

Im not sure why its been made such a public issue.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

I think it's just that emotions are high because loved pets are involved. I don't think anyone should read into anything. ripminnie has to make a hard descision, Hugo's There has very kindly offered to help. I think if ripminnie posts here for support it's purely to help her come to terms with things and not ever a dig at Hugo's There. I think things have just been taking in the wrong way. :wave:

I think it's just that emotions are high because loved pets are involved. I don't think anyone should read into anything. ripminnie has to make a hard descision, Hugo's There has very kindly offered to help. I think if ripminnie posts here for support it's purely to help her come to terms with things and not ever a dig at Hugo's There. I think things have just been taking in the wrong way. :wave:

Thank you, you are spot on. That's it exactly. X

As usual Jenova 'speaks' wisely. I cannot begin to imagine how hard it must be for Jo to rehome Barney.It has been made abundantly clear how special he is to her. So it is totally understandable that emotions are very fragile at the moment

Then there is the good old mis-communication online !! Sometimes what is posted can be read in a way that it was never intended. Guilty as charged myself on that. On both sides of an online conversation.

I hope that Barney travels well and that he'll settle down quickly into his new home :)

Thank you, you are spot on. That's it exactly. X

It wasn't so much your posts as other people's! It was starting to feel like they were "ganging up" on me when we are trying to do everything we can to help you. I also have a seriously ill rabbit today. We have been to the vets three times this morning already and I have just had to ring for advice again :( so I really am trying my best.

Once you hear the possible name we have for him I actually think you will like it ;) but we can discuss that tomorrow in private x

There is no need to get the thread removed. I do appreciate that you need support :) but if you have any specific issues about Barney moving here please talk to me first as I am sure we can get them sorted quickly x

I hadn't seen anything on the thread where Liz mentioned his name being changed that's why I asked.

I can't imagine how hard it is for you rip minnie hugs.

If it was written on fb I understand the confusion.

What was written on fb was actually aimed at the rspca rabbits coming sunday :)

If disabled boy Ben bonds with Dilys he will be named Siadwell (shadwell) so we have a welsh pair :)

If elderly dental boy is well enough to travel he is going to be Arthur Dent (al) which is an excellent name :)

Blimey just seen the other posts. I feel like I am being made to be bad for taking him now :cry:. Jo has been pushing and pushing for him to come here and we are doing our very best to help him despite being way over our numbers.

I didn't realise the possibility of a name change was such a big issue as it was one he was given in rescue not one Jo had specifically chosen. We usually change rescue names as it is a fresh start for rabbits when they come here. We have also had a Barney in the past. Nothing has actually been decided. But surely it is more important that he is getting the right care and medical treatment :?

It wasn't so much your posts as other people's! It was starting to feel like they were "ganging up" on me when we are trying to do everything we can to help you. I also have a seriously ill rabbit today. We have been to the vets three times this morning already and I have just had to ring for advice again :( so I really am trying my best.

Once you hear the possible name we have for him I actually think you will like it ;) but we can discuss that tomorrow in private x

i dont understand these posts :? :? :?

why do you feel ganged up on??? i didnt see anything negative at all and I personally wasn't even querying the name change I was surprised to see a rescue had turned their back on a bunny when the owner was frantically trying to find a place for him to be cared for as she couldn't do it no longer.

It was in Hopper Havens contract that Holly would go back there if I ever needed to re-home her so other sanctuaries weren't even an option.
I suppose thinking about it the fact the names weren't changed did help the pain tho because they were still referred to as my bunnies... little things do mean alot when you are breaking your heart over giving up on a much loved pet, but I certainly wouldnt of told lou she couldnt change the names if she didnt like them :wave::wave::wave:

it also means a lot that she lived a further 18 months in proper care, I could never of done that she had given up and it took a whole month of intensive care to get her to want to live again and that's all that mattered he desire to live was restored :love::love::love::love:

Thanks folks, lets just forget about the name thing, Liz and i will talk about it tomorrow :wave:
I have had a good cry at work today :cry: no doubt i will again at bedtime! But i have to get my car ready for the trip tonight so that will keep me busy hopefully.

Back