• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Barnaby is in emergency surgery- blockage....

Barnaby had a setback last night and stopped eating. He is at the vets being treated for gut stasis, they have done x-rays etc and have ruled out a further blockage and complications from the previous blockage/gut issue. Hopefully with the usual cocktail of meds and TLC he will be home again soon.

I've already replied to your email but I just wanted to send some extra vibes for Barnaby on here too xx

Thinking of Barnaby and hoping he will pick up again.

Thanks. They keep reassuring me that they are not hugely worried. I suspect stress would be a large factor for him - he was really narky when he came home, he's normally okay at hands on but he'd obviously had more far than he was comfortable with.

I've already replied to your email but I just wanted to send some extra vibes for Barnaby on here too xx

Thank you.

Barnaby had a setback last night and stopped eating. He is at the vets being treated for gut stasis, they have done x-rays etc and have ruled out a further blockage and complications from the previous blockage/gut issue. Hopefully with the usual cocktail of meds and TLC he will be home again soon.

Oh goodness, just seen this ..

Many vibes for continued recovery. Barnaby has just *got* to get well :)

Barnaby was eating reasonably well yesterday but then ate hardly anything overnight, so he's staying in again :cry: He's being treated for a possible urine infection too

:cry:

I am sorry to read that he is still so poorly. I do hope he can pull through xx

They are stressing that they are not overly concerned about him, they just want to fully support his recovery. I kind of feel he may have stopped eating because of secondary urine infection ?maybe he got a bit dehydrated during his time with me? It's just unfortunate he took a dip at the same time as Anarchy needed my full attention.

aww you and your buns are having such a hard time at present i really do hope you have some good news soon and your baby is ok soon, vibes sent in the thousands xx

Barnaby was eating reasonably well yesterday but then ate hardly anything overnight, so he's staying in again :cry: He's being treated for a possible urine infection too

Sending millions of vibes BB.

You really don't need any more heartache and I feel for you xx So sorry xx

Sending millions of vibes

Thank you

Oh no :cry: Is he still an Inpatient ?

Yes. There was one day he ate quite well for a while, over the bank holiday weekend, but they are reluctant to send him home until he's had 24 hours of eating, given his previous dip.

I was talking to FHB yesterday and she mentioned the possibility of adhesions, which had crossed my mind and I suspect yours too. I think it was as case of giving him a bit more time before starting to investigate etc. He's bright enough in himself.

Last edited:
Yes. There was one day he ate quite well for a while, over the bank holiday weekend, but they are reluctant to send him home until he's had 24 hours of eating, given his previous dip.

I was talking to FHB yesterday and she mentioned the possibility of adhesions, which had crossed my mind and I suspect yours too. I think it was as case of giving him a bit more time before starting to investigate etc. He's bright enough in himself.

At least hope then ... Praying for a recovery BB x

We have decided to try him at home again. He's behaving as if he is well, he did eat well at home last time initially so ....

Thank you

I was talking to FHB yesterday and she mentioned the possibility of adhesions, which had crossed my mind and I suspect yours too
. I think it was as case of giving him a bit more time before starting to investigate etc. He's bright enough in himself.

I admit that it has but I didn't mention it as I thought doing so may just add too your stress.

The fact that he is bright within himself is encouraging. I really hope he will fully recover very soon xx

Back