• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Emergency Surgery

Does anyone have any alternative for a snugglesafe heat pad? I don’t own a microwave so I dunno what would be okay…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would just use a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel. Place it so she can move away from it if she wants too x

Thank you. I wasn’t sure if a hot water bottle would be safe or not but I imagine if it’s wrapped up it should be fine.

I will hopefully be taking her home this evening all being well. She started to pass feces at about 4am this morning according to the vet, as well as eat for herself…and is very bright and happy considering everything.

Thank you. I wasn’t sure if a hot water bottle would be safe or not but I imagine if it’s wrapped up it should be fine.

I will hopefully be taking her home this evening all being well. She started to pass feces at about 4am this morning according to the vet, as well as eat for herself…and is very bright and happy considering everything.

This all sounds very positive. Sending lots more vibes for her. You'll be pleased to see each other again.

Sending lots more vibes for Ivy. That's wonderful that she's already pooping and eating and looking bright and happy. I hope she'll continue doing well so you can take her home this evening.

Will I be okay creating a small space and having Leafy in with her? Or would it be better to keep them separated for now?

Last time Ivy had to stay in over 2 nights, when I put them together he kept chasing her and I don’t want to put that kind of stress on her if it’s only going to undo all the progress she has made.

Ivy won’t be coming home today after all. Unfortunately she’s taken a turn after they reduced one of the medications - honestly, I’m overwhelmed and I didn’t catch the name of it, so I don’t know if it’s a pain killer or a gut moving type of medicine…

I would aim to keep her separate for at least a couple of days. She needs to rest and heal. It's also easier to monitor her properly. You still have the option of them being close, or to put them together. Leafy may well case her as she will smell different to 'his' Ivy, and she doesn't need the stress.

I would aim to keep her separate for at least a couple of days. She needs to rest and heal. It's also easier to monitor her properly. You still have the option of them being close, or to put them together. Leafy may well case her as she will smell different to 'his' Ivy, and she doesn't need the stress.

I thought as much. Think I might have to borrow a dog crate again just to be on the safe side. Just have to wait and hope she does indeed make it home…they said she has become really quiet and stopped eating/pooping. [emoji3525] My heart hurts so much.

Sending lots and lots of vibes for Ivy. x

As much as you can…please. I just got a call to ask if they should resus if her heart stops because she’s really deteriorating. I’m absolutely distraught.

As much as you can…please. I just got a call to ask if they should resus if her heart stops because she’s really deteriorating. I’m absolutely distraught.

Come on sweet Ivy, you can do this! Sending you both lots of vibes and good energy xxx

Back