• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Barnaby is in emergency surgery- blockage....

He's doing FAR better today. I was really worried about him yesterday but today he's coming begging for treats when the others do etc... he's only taking the treats 50% of the time but he obviously feels like coming and begging :love:

Hope this good news gets even better :D

RIP my sweet Barnaby. My quiet, gentle boy.

I am sorry we couldn't save you this time, we tried and you are at peace now. It was comforting to hear you were one of the favourites of the vet nurse who held you at the end.

I shall miss you more than I ever realised.

RIP my sweet Barnaby. My quiet, gentle boy.

I am sorry we couldn't save you this time, we tried and you are at peace now. It was comforting to hear you were one of the favourites of the vet nurse who held you at the end.

I shall miss you more than I ever realised.

You all fought so hard for him but this time he was just not able to recover :cry:

RIP Barnaby x

Thanks everybody. His loss has hit me quite hard. He was always the quiet bunny in the background but he's been here for 9.5 years so has managed to find a special place in my heart in that time.

Thanks all.
Thanks. "As well as can be expected." Not eaten for himself but been syringe fed. Thinking about it, way back when I was in this situation with Elijah, Nigel told me that the first couple of hours after was quite a big hurdle too - this would be especially the case with Barnaby as he has been in this state for rather longer than ideal before he saw a vet. It's reasonably optimistic, I think. Rosie (vet) warned me it was about 50:50 when they were taking him to surgery, me being me looked at the statistics that I'd lost one to this surgery but 2 survived ... so in my mind at the time this meant Barnaby had less than 50:50 odds. I think I must have OCD traits seeing patterns in things and thinking they have a meaning. He's not even quite five yet, only half way through his lifespan.

Oh my God - I can't believe I wrote that :shock: At five he was exactly half way through his lifespan - He was six months old when I got him, I didn't know his birthday but 'officially' it was 17 June, so 10 years old in a few days time. :cry:

I'm so sorry to read your sad news, BB. :cry:
Thinking of you and sending hugs your way. Sweet dreams, Barnaby. xxxxx

Back