• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Atticus unwell again :(

Graciee

Staff member
Had some meds, looks so uncomfortable though :( I thought something was up this morning, but he was still eating.. I could just tell, he was sucking in his sides a little.. Now he's really bad :( I should've done meds then, but I kept checking him and offering things and he was eating every time :(

I'm so sorry to hear this, I'm sending so many vibrations for Atticus. Did you go to the vet? :(

Oh, Graciee, I'm so sorry he's ill again. :( Since he was eating every time earlier, I think it makes sense that you didn't give him any meds then. It's always easier to know what you should've done in hindsight. I hope his meds start working soon and that he'll feel more comfortable. Poor boy. :( Sending him so, so many vibes.

Oh, Graciee, I'm so sorry he's ill again. :( Since he was eating every time earlier, I think it makes sense that you didn't give him any meds then. It's always easier to know what you should've done in hindsight. I hope his meds start working soon and that he'll feel more comfortable. Poor boy. :( Sending him so, so many vibes.

Yea it's just annoying, like I knew something wasn't quite right but he was okay and eating and getting super excited for food etc. It's so hard with buns!

I'm sorry to hear our resident trooper is poorly again :( poor boyo. i hope he's feeling a lot more comfy very soon xx

I'm so sorry to hear this, I'm sending so many vibrations for Atticus. Did you go to the vet? :(
Not yet, this happens pretty frequently and he has chronic gut issues, so we have all his meds on hand all the time incase this happens. But ima probably gunna call again if there's no improvement in the next hour before we start more meds. Hopefully my vet can fit him in for an xray or just to feel, it's always the same story tbh though :(

Not yet, this happens pretty frequently and he has chronic gut issues, so we have all his meds on hand all the time incase this happens. But ima probably gunna call again if there's no improvement in the next hour before we start more meds. Hopefully my vet can fit him in for an xray or just to feel, it's always the same story tbh though :(

Oh now I remember. I hope Atticus gets well soon :(

Sending lots of vibes for Atticus. I hope the meds begin to work and he feels better very soon.

His ears are really cold, he's had more meds now. He's nibbled a bit of basil I picked him but other than that he's just sitting and laying uncomfortably :(

I always feel so sorry for him when he has these episodes, I'm really wondering if it's fair to keep putting him through this, but he's so happy the rest of the time :( Idk what to do with him tbh. When they were vaccinated recently he'd lost more weight again, I just can't keep him healthy anymore :(

His ears are really cold, he's had more meds now. He's nibbled a bit of basil I picked him but other than that he's just sitting and laying uncomfortably :(

I always feel so sorry for him when he has these episodes, I'm really wondering if it's fair to keep putting him through this, but he's so happy the rest of the time :( Idk what to do with him tbh. When they were vaccinated recently he'd lost more weight again, I just can't keep him healthy anymore :(

I don't think you should think like that, you take good care of Atticus. Atticus is a generally healthy and happy rabbit, only his health is more delicate and sensitive than usual. Think about it this way, Atticus's number of healthy days is many times greater than his unhealthy days.

Thanks everyone, he has passed some stuff, not much but it's something, and he's come over for a treat! So positive but I know he'll probably refuse food again and it won't be properly better til he passes like a load of stuff [emoji51] I'm just hoping he does that as quickly as possible!

Back