• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Atticus unwell again but really bad

Sorry to hear Evelyn is feeling ill now too. I hope you don't wind up with whatever it is. Goodness, when it rains it pours. :(

Sending many vibes for Atticus to have his "spring clean." Hoping Apricot is improving too. xxxxx

Oh yea it seems to here, it's never just one thing, although it's my own fault really, I have a lot of animals and a toddler, not a great combo [emoji38]

Yea a big spring clean would be good rn for him [emoji38] thanks xx

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

So true, kids are little germ factories haha. Yea supposedly this is normal and will continue at school [emoji38] just annoying coz I get so sick all the time [emoji51]

He actually ran over to me for noms just now [emoji7][emoji7] he's still sucking in and I don't think the full clear out has happened but I think him passing bits is making him more comfortable so that's good. I hope he's over the worst of it now. Ima talk to my vet about additional pain meds I think though, because this one was bad and I don't think calpol was cutting it tbh.

I always had to use Buprenorphine with Megacolon Rabbits. Had to use it for JJ recently too as Paracetamol and meloxicam did nothing to reduce the cramping pain.

Graciee,
It is always good to know how much pain meds can be given if the normal dosage or medication does not do enough to control pain.
Some narcotic pain meds can slow the gut, yet so does not eating; however here they are impossible to get for home use.
I am glad he is improving Graciee. You are an awesome bunny nurse.

I always had to use Buprenorphine with Megacolon Rabbits. Had to use it for JJ recently too as Paracetamol and meloxicam did nothing to reduce the cramping pain.

Ahh thanks for this, I'll mention it to William, is that an opiod tho? Coz I have to be really careful with opiods and Atticus :( but I'll definitely talk to William about it

Graciee,
It is always good to know how much pain meds can be given if the normal dosage or medication does not do enough to control pain.
Some narcotic pain meds can slow the gut, yet so does not eating; however here they are impossible to get for home use.
I am glad he is improving Graciee. You are an awesome bunny nurse.

Thanks bunny momma x

Back