• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Atticus unwell again but really bad

I am sorry he is so poorly. Like you said, he was this bad before and recovered, so keep a good thought. He is lucky to have such a dedicated human. Hugs.

I am sorry he is so poorly. Like you said, he was this bad before and recovered, so keep a good thought. He is lucky to have such a dedicated human. Hugs.
Thanks bunny momma, yea that's true its just so awful seeing him in so much pain :(

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Thanks bunny momma, yea that's true its just so awful seeing him in so much pain :(

Is he on maximum pain meds? I was surprised at how much extra my little Raven can get for a couple days if needed. A gentle heat source under his area may help with discomfort, though you may already do that.
Sending hugs!

Is he on maximum pain meds? I was surprised at how much extra my little Raven can get for a couple days if needed. A gentle heat source under his area may help with discomfort, though you may already do that.
Sending hugs!

He is but they've changed a bit due to the steroids, so he's only having calpol now, this is the first time he's had a really really mega bad episode since only being able to have calpol, Idk if it's as good as old stuff or not, so hard to know.

He's laying on a hot water bottle yea :( I'm with him so I'm not worried about him damaging it, but I couldn't find any snuggle safes, but this is warmer anyway

Thanks x

I have the heat pad you heat in the microwave for a minute or two. My sister made similar ones from a little fabric and uncooked rice. The only drawback is they need to stay dry. Otherwise it lasts a long time
I have no experience with calpol.

Last edited:
He's up off his side but still in pain, but moving more and did just ask Evelyn for a blueberry which he then ate.. So that's a lot better.. But without output I know he's gunna be back on his side and belly pressing again :( I know once he starts going it'll be a mess but then we'll be good, but atm nothing is happening :( he's moving around really strangely too :(

I'm always amazed about how well you manage Atticus' condition, I'd be so lost. I'm glad he is doing a bit better & feeling well enough to request a blueberry - was Evelyn eating them at the time?

I'm always amazed about how well you manage Atticus' condition, I'd be so lost. I'm glad he is doing a bit better & feeling well enough to request a blueberry - was Evelyn eating them at the time?
Honestly I don't know what I'm doing really, I can just tell when an episode is starting before be stops eating normally so usually I catch it super early and it doesn't get super bad. But I basically just learnt from every time this happens. And we have the medicines on hand for when this happens because he can't wait when it does happen. I remember the first few times I felt so lost because it's kinda like stasis but also not at all like normal stasis.

Yea she had a bowl of them [emoji38][emoji38]

Have you taken his temperature ?
No, how would I do that? [emoji51]

I stabbed his ear a few times over last couple days, not got high bg, but he doesn't tend to always, sometimes it's low weirdly.

He's passed a little bit, and he's up more but sucking in still but he's accepting foods, I just need him to have his big clear out :(

No, how would I do that

Thermometer up his bottom

I wouldn’t bother now though, it sounds as though things are starting to move. Hopefully there will be some big splats in the next 12 hours.

Lots more vibes being sent x

Thermometer up his bottom

I wouldn’t bother now though, it sounds as though things are starting to move. Hopefully there will be some big splats in the next 12 hours.

Lots more vibes being sent x

Poor Atticus [emoji38] I'll keep that in mind, but yea I'm hoping for a big clear out now, thanks xx

Poor lad, really hope everything moves through quickly now. Sending millions more vibes, and for Apricot too, and I think you deserve a medal Graciee xx

Poor lad, really hope everything moves through quickly now. Sending millions more vibes, and for Apricot too, and I think you deserve a medal Graciee xx
Thanks I really appreciate that, worst bit is Evelyn has a fever too and cold so she's miserable, I swear everytime she goes to the indoor play groups she gets something horrible, then gives it to us! So just waiting on that now too [emoji38] feel bad for her though she's just been laying in my bed watching TV :( xx

It is promising that Atticus passed something and is up again. Well done! Sending vibes for a lot of stinky poos in his future!
Poor Evelyn! I hope she improves quickly. Play groups are like a petri dish of germs. Children do not respect each other's personal space. Hopefully she will catch fewer bugs or get milder symptoms as she is exposed to more germs. It must be so much worse when your own immunity is compromised. Sending you all vibes.

Sorry to hear Evelyn is feeling ill now too. I hope you don't wind up with whatever it is. Goodness, when it rains it pours. :(

Sending many vibes for Atticus to have his "spring clean." Hoping Apricot is improving too. xxxxx

It is promising that Atticus passed something and is up again. Well done! Sending vibes for a lot of stinky poos in his future!
Poor Evelyn! I hope she improves quickly. Play groups are like a petri dish of germs. Children do not respect each other's personal space. Hopefully she will catch fewer bugs or get milder symptoms as she is exposed to more germs. It must be so much worse when your own immunity is compromised. Sending you all vibes.

So true, kids are little germ factories haha. Yea supposedly this is normal and will continue at school [emoji38] just annoying coz I get so sick all the time [emoji51]

He actually ran over to me for noms just now [emoji7][emoji7] he's still sucking in and I don't think the full clear out has happened but I think him passing bits is making him more comfortable so that's good. I hope he's over the worst of it now. Ima talk to my vet about additional pain meds I think though, because this one was bad and I don't think calpol was cutting it tbh.

Back