• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Atticus unwell again but really bad

Graciee

Staff member
He always picks friday/ the weekends, it's like he knows.

His poops and urine smells so bad too, like not normal, so not sure if maybe he has a uti or something? Idk, he's on his meds, just have to hope he passes something soon and stops sucking in :(

It's his injection tonight, ima still give it. Can't believe two of my buns are so sick tho, I feel so helpless. Also have to watch Clementine coz she's not like Willoughby, her and Atticus aren't always great when one is unwell :(

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Sending lots of vibes. Is his poop a farmyard kind of smell? Has he been tested for coccidiosis?

Thinking of you, Gracie and sending lots of vibes for Atticus.

Will someone be at your vet's surgery tomorrow morning? If so, could you hold off giving the injection until after you've spoken to them?

Sending lots of vibes. Is his poop a farmyard kind of smell? Has he been tested for coccidiosis?
No it's kinda like a strong human bathroom urine smell like in an aire in France, very specific that, but you might know what I mean!

Not for about 2 years now, we stopped bothering tbh because my vet concluded we'd ruled out everything possible again and again. But I can get it tested again for peace of mind

Thinking of you, Gracie and sending lots of vibes for Atticus.

Will someone be at your vet's surgery tomorrow morning? If so, could you hold off giving the injection until after you've spoken to them?
Thanks Omi, yea they will, but no William, and when he's not there no one likes to guess. Went through this before when he had the bites, I said should I stop? And the answer was William isn't here and we can't tell you to stop medicine he has prescribed [emoji38] my vets are okay, but if it wasn't for William I wouldn't use them tbh. The vet who owns it doesn't do exotics but he's an excellent vet, but the nurses they have seem to be really hit and miss tbh. So the chance of getting anything useful from them over the weekend is slight.

I'm gunna give the jab though because it actually tends to upset his gut a bit the next day, so that might play in my favour this time.

No it's kinda like a strong human bathroom urine smell like in an aire in France, very specific that, but you might know what I mean!

Not for about 2 years now, we stopped bothering tbh because my vet concluded we'd ruled out everything possible again and again. But I can get it tested again for peace of mind

We’ve not stopped on an aire yet. But I’m not sure if I want to if it smells like that on some!

We’ve not stopped on an aire yet. But I’m not sure if I want to if it smells like that on some!
Some are clean! [emoji38] But sometimes... Yikes.. Good for dogs tho, more natural less like a services, normally no shop [emoji38]

poor boy. I remember having 2 sick bunnies, its so stressful. I hope Atticus feels better soon and their relationship isn't tested further. Would it be worth trying to get urine sample I woner. Lots of vibes xx

Sending your bunnies lots of vibes. You think things through, so trust yourself since Atticus is a complex case that is beyond the scope of knowledge and experience of your ooh vets.
Sending vibes for Apricot too.

So sorry to hear about another poorly bunny Graciee, I really feel for you. I hope they both pick up soon, sending lots of vibes for them and a big hug for you xx

I'm sorry Atticus is poorly now too. Yeah, they sure pick their times, don't they? I hope he'll come back around without having to see the vet. xxxxx

I know the feeling all too well when two Rabbits are very sick at the same time, you have my empathy. I really hope that Atticus can rally again, with Megacolon each episode can feel like it will be the one they can’t come through, I know how very sick they can become and that awful pulled in abdomen and squinting eyes look.

You are giving him all the meds possible and he is in a safe and familiar environment. You can’t do more than you are doing, no-one could do better or more.

Sending millions of vibes x

Thanks everyone I really appreciate it, he's really bad actually, won't get up off his side :'(

He's been like this before, but this is a bad one :(

More vibes for Atticus and also Apricot. (((((((Healing vibes)))))) Gosh I think I'd be tearing my hair out by now. You must be exhausted. ((((((Huge hugs)))))) xxxxx

Thanks everyone, I did fall asleep but just rang the vets coz we're out of emeprid, so they're giving me enough til Tuesday and ordered me a new large bottle to collect on Tuesday, won't be Monday coz the bank holiday. Michael is gunna go get it coz I'm a zombie tho [emoji38]

Back