• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Wrong dose

KCG

Warren Veteran
I started emeprid for Cookie. Prescribed to take up to 2mg of emeprid per day. Normally I had to give 0.5 mg in a single dose 4 times a day. But at that moment I accidentally gave 1 mg. So I'm thinking of skipping the next dose. Will it cause a problem if I accidentally overdose him once? I'm a little worried that I made this mistake and I blame myself ☹️

I started emeprid for Cookie. Prescribed to take up to 2mg of emeprid per day. Normally I had to give 0.5 mg in a single dose 4 times a day. But at that moment I accidentally gave 1 mg. So I'm thinking of skipping the next dose. Will it cause a problem if I accidentally overdose him once? I'm a little worried that I made this mistake and I blame myself ☹️
Do you mean ml?

Did you give 1ml?

You can give Emeprid 2-4 times a day, so I would actually skip the next dose, since you gave twice the dosage this time. That way you'll still have that 2mg a day.

Edit: I should've explained, when you give it twice a day, the dosage can be higher, so in that case you could actually give 1mg, that's why I'd skip the next dose, because if you don't, you'll be giving him more than prescribed.

Last edited:
Reactions: KCG
You can give Emeprid 2-4 times a day, so I would actually skip the next dose, since you gave twice the dosage this time. That way you'll still have that 2mg a day.

Edit: I should've explained, when you give it twice a day, the dosage can be higher, so in that case you could actually give 1mg, that's why I'd skip the next dose, because if you don't, you'll be giving him more than prescribed.
Thank you so much 🩷🩷🩷🩷

Just to confuse you, I would do something a little different with the situation you are now in.

I wouldn't exceed the prescribed daily rate of 2mg. However, with one dose you have already used up 1mg of this. I would want the remaining doses for the day to be spaced out evenly though. So, I wouldn't skip the next dose. What I would do instead is to divide the remaining 1mg equally between the next three planned dosage times.

Just to confuse you, I would do something a little different with the situation you are now in.

I wouldn't exceed the prescribed daily rate of 2mg. However, with one dose you have already used up 1mg of this. I would want the remaining doses for the day to be spaced out evenly though. So, I wouldn't skip the next dose. What I would do instead is to divide the remaining 1mg equally between the next three planned dosage times.
This makes perfect sense, thank you for the advice🩷🩷🩷

I agree x

Reactions: KCG
Back