• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes needed for Doggy bun at the vets :( Update #22

Great news !! I really hope that he will be well enough to come home later xx

Goodness, me too. I have already arranged someone to come in to my work early to cover my last hour in case I can go and get him if I can. Just want him home his sister is missing him :cry:

My little boy is home, and I never thought I'd be happy to watch him poop all over the living room.

a8b6649ed6eb4e5e4a90664fda6fac43.jpg

Kittybun and doggybun say thank you RU for all your vibes and well wishes, we are loving being back together again! [emoji8]

Aw good, I am so glad Dog's time at the vets doesn't seem to have affected their bond. I love that you have Doggybun. I have Bunnydog!! So pleased he is home and better :)

Aw good, I am so glad Dog's time at the vets doesn't seem to have affected their bond. I love that you have Doggybun. I have Bunnydog!! So pleased he is home and better :)
I think she was missing him a lot while he was at the vets, straight in for licks when he came out his carrier!
Hehe bunnydog!! Their proper names are cat and dog but you always end up nicknaming them! [emoji1]

I officially have Bunny (aka Bunnydog, Bundog, Bunny Dogger, BD) and Buster (aka Buster Boy, Busters, little boy). Funny how pets seems to sometimes get more nicknames than humans.

I love your two buns, they are just so cute.

Sometimes I generically call mine bunnyfluff haha, such silliness with bunnies!
They appreciate the love :love:
(Not so much the meds I'm having to give Doggy at the moment)

Oh no! Medicine is never a good thing with bunnies. I had to take Buster to the vets the other day as his tummy was playing up. Luckily I got him there good and early so he just needed a shot of gut stimulant and then a purely hay and pellet diet for a few days until I started introducing herbs again. I was so glad I didn't have to give him any meds because he is such a pain to handle. Hope Dog is easier!

Sometimes I generically call mine bunnyfluff haha, such silliness with bunnies!
They appreciate the love :love:
(Not so much the meds I'm having to give Doggy at the moment)

So glad he's home :thumb:

Yes, not so brill about the meds .. but necessary ... Hope he is managing to be a good Dog? Or you're able to forgive him if he isn't able to be good :lol:

It's metacam and cisapride they've given me to give to him for a couple more days. He's not enjoying it, but doesn't hate me too much [emoji1]

Back