• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

VHD- Attention Tamsin and Jane

It is hell isnt it!? :cry:

Yes,*hugs* I really hope things improve for you.

Things aren't too bad for me at the moment as my life is quite stress free and settled and i'm happy. I find stress a major trigger for the onset of my ocd symptoms.

Yes,*hugs* I really hope things improve for you.

Things aren't too bad for me at the moment as my life is quite stress free and settled and i'm happy. I find stress a major trigger for the onset of my ocd symptoms.

Same here but the problem is I am a 'stressaholic!' Stress always seems to find me and I guess now is a bad time due to being pregnant and stressing about that :(

I was out clearing my car out and I noticed on the floor a stone with a really odd looking feather squashed and stuck to it, is there any way this could transmit VHD? My shoes touched it then I stepped in the car! :shock:

I was out clearing my car out and I noticed on the floor a stone with a really odd looking feather squashed and stuck to it, is there any way this could transmit VHD? My shoes touched it then I stepped in the car! :shock:

Your Rabbits are NOT at risk from VHD

They are vaccinated and as we said the other day, there is no more you can do to protect them other than confine them to a life of imprisonment in a vacuum.

Tell the OCD thoughts to :censored: off !!

Your Rabbits are NOT at risk from VHD

They are vaccinated and as we said the other day, there is no more you can do to protect them other than confine them to a life of imprisonment in a vacuum.

Tell the OCD thoughts to :censored: off !!

You promise? So if I touch the car mat and then touch them they would be 100% safe?

You could sit them on the car mat and they would be fine :)

Thankyou Jane! You have no idea how much help you are!! :love:
I do have another worry, today I went to pets @ home and purposly did not get to close to the bunnies because I knew I would worry, anyway I brought a hanging garland for a little gift for Cookie when it is Jimbys birthday so she does not get jeleous and the casier put it against her top when she put it in the bag, because it was not wrapped, should I still use it as she may have handled the bunnies in the shop that day?

Thankyou Jane! You have no idea how much help you are!! :love:
I do have another worry, today I went to pets @ home and purposly did not get to close to the bunnies because I knew I would worry, anyway I brought a hanging garland for a little gift for Cookie when it is Jimbys birthday so she does not get jeleous and the casier put it against her top when she put it in the bag, because it was not wrapped, should I still use it as she may have handled the bunnies in the shop that day?

Yes, its fine.

What about if I actually put the bag that I got from pets at home in their room and let them sniff it?

Can cats transfer VHD?
Simba rubbed his face all over my shoes before I had a chance to clean them and then he rubbed his face on the fabric pets at home bag I brought!

No hun, they will be absolutely fine

ETA. Just keep telling yourself that they are vaccinated, they are safe. They WILL NOT catch VHD or myxi. We wouldnt lie to you, but the horrid OCD will :evil:

(((HUGS)))

Back